Solon Comets - Awards/Accolades/Rankings

Vince Hill update and others

Vince Hill - DT/OG class of 2012 was offered by several DII and DIII schools. His committment as of last night is to Hiram. Vince will join Chris Dowdy (Solon Class of 2011) at Hiram.

Pat Kramer will be playing at John Carroll University, I've rheard from several sources as well. Best of luck to Patrick!

A credit to al the boys and the coaching staff to help get these boys in a position of sucess at the next level. Both Academically, as well as Athletically.

Football
Hoff (Navy)
Stock (Columbia)
Hill (Hiram)
Kramer (John Carroll)
Davidson (Mount Union)
Schwenke (Dayton)
Barksdale (Michigan State)
Stuart (Dayton)
Dunn (not sure between football DIII and baseball)

Baseball
Smoral (North Carolina or MLB)
circelli (Cinncy or Ohio) Not 100% sure
Dunn (not sure between football DIII and baseball)

WOW very impressive group of young men and ladies as part of the SOlon Class of 2012 including as mentioned Paige (track-Dayton) and Jamie G (basketball-Florida Golf Coast). WHo knows what other swimming, Lacrosse, and other athletes still have opportunities.

Congrats one and all!!
:party:

Knight Picks a School

Congratulations to Alex Knight who just chose to placekick at Walsh!

:banana::clap::party:

(Hard to find a kicker Smilie!)

Virginia courts another Comet

Darian Hicks received an offer from the University of Virginia.

Steve Greer had a nice carer there even under two coaches.

Sam Coverdale of Kenston High also got a Virginia offer.

Darian Hicks received an offer from the University of Virginia.

Steve Greer had a nice carer there even under two coaches.

Sam Coverdale of Kenston High also got a Virginia offer.

Grandpa, where do you go for your information? How many offers for Darian now? Has Drew gotten any other offers?

These colleges should also be looking at George Berry. That young man is one outstanding football player.

This is what the media has been told so far...

Summarizing for you guys:

Darian Hicks has reported 13 offers incl:
VA; Syr.; IN; IA; Akron; Purdue; Penn St.; IL; WVU; Louisville; Cincy; Mich St.; Boston Col. (glad to see at least two Ohio programs involved!)

Drew Barksdale has announced two offers: Boston College; Akron

George Berry will need to impress fast in this upcoming season to catch recruiters attention. He has no offers that are public information yet. I'm sure he has mail from smaller programs.

Hicks reports Pittsburgh Offer - No.14

Pittsburgh offer reported today:

Darian Hicks:

School: SOLON HIGH SCHOOL
Height: 5 ft - 10 inches
Weight: 172 lbs
Position: DB-Cornerback
Class of: 2013
City: Solon
State: Ohio

FBS Division 1 Offers: Boston College, Michigan State, Cincinnati, Louisville, West Virginia, Illinois, Penn State, Purdue, Akron, Iowa, Indiana, Syracuse, Virginia, Pittsburgh

(Grandpa1 reports Mich State is warmest of the 14!)

Gophers offer Hicks

Darian Hicks received an offer from Minnesota.

It should be reported that in March he made an unofficial visit to tOSU. Maybe the couple of scholies they were shorted were intended for guys like Darian? Funny that so many others are offering. Do we still think they know what's going on down in Columbus?

BTW, that "warmer" sign came up for Michigan State. His official visit there was for "Junior Day" on Feb 5th. BUT...he made an unofficial visit there on April 24th; hence the "warmer" sign!

That's all for today from Hicks News Central.

Grandpa, where do you go for your information? How many offers for Darian now? Has Drew gotten any other offers?

These colleges should also be looking at George Berry. That young man is one outstanding football player.

Meta,
Try Rivals.com, Scout.com, ESPN.com, and Scoutingohio.com.

Meta,
Try Rivals.com, Scout.com, ESPN.com, and Scoutingohio.com.

I know that already. Believe me, I am fully familiar with all the scouting databases. Give me credit for a little sophistication, at least. But Grandpa is reporting this stuff often before it appears in all the databases. That's why I wondered about his source.

Drew Barksdale

Drew Barksdale stands with three reported offers:

Boston College, Akron, Air Force

My comments: The military academies must make hundreds & hundreds of offers each year to achieve their final recruiting class. It is an honor to receive one, but only a small percentage are accepted. It is such a complete change of lifestyle along with finding time for sport...and the AF is a far distance away, even by jet!.

BC seems to make a lot of offers to Ohio boys; way more than any other ACC team. Some of it is related to their connection with Catholic Schools while some must be the result of having an active regional recruiter. Again, their success in Ohio is limited because of distance.

For Barksdale, I would think that Akron is the warmest and appears to be the level of program that might result in more offers over summer & into his senior season.

I was over on JJHuddle today, looking at their list of Ohio's Top 100 senior prospects. I was pleased and a little surprised to see three Comets on the list: Drew Barksdale at #100; Khoury Crenshaw at #96; and Darian Hicks at #23.

I was mildly surprised to see Crenshaw's name on the list, because I just hadn't heard much buzz about him. The site listed Khoury as 6-0, 185, which I'm sure is generous. The Plain Dealer listed him at 165 the other day. If Khoury reports for football practice at 170 pounds, I'll be pleased. If he's anywhere between 175 and 185, I'll be ecstatic.

Oh, I almost forgot. JJHuddle reports that Crenshaw has been offered by Akron.

Some other local notables on the list were Mentor's Mitch Trubisky at #5 and Hudson's Ben Gedeon at #11.

For what it's worth, I still think recruiters are missing the boat on George Berry. Ryan Pastor, too. :mad:

While I'm on the subject, good luck to Khoury, Darian and all the other Comet tracksters at the state meet. All of Solon is rooting for you!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Athens offers Drew

Ohio University has made an offer to Drew Barksdale.

So the competition is building in Ohio with both Akron & Ohio U. offering.

The two others are Air Force & Boston College.

Khoury Crenshaw the football player

Khoury Crenshaw reports two offers; Kent State & Div.2 Eastern Illinois. His profile also shows that Akron made an offer earlier that we missed.

Here's suspecting that once his high school Junior year track season ended with a 1st. place in the 100 meters, he found the time to get his football matters reported. Also suspect the news of his state meet success (100 & 4th place in 200 m.) will expedite a few more offers.

Congratulations Khoury on your state track finals results!!!

Miami offers Darian

Miami of Ohio has offered Darian Hicks.

He certainly will have a choice of programs to pick one where he can excel.

Still waiting on the Hurricanes!

About the missing offer

Every time I look at the list of offers to Darian Hicks incl. all those Big Ten guys, I wonder where the OSU staff stands. There are eight out of 11 schools on his list somewhere. OSU is missing with an offer!

Two out of three recruiting sites list Ohio State as an "interest" and he did make a campus visit (of course he made two Mich. State visits).

One scout report says Hicks is not the fastest nor the biggest but he does "play fast on video". If OSU waits to see him in person in September, the pressure may be so great that he's pushed into a summer decision.

If anyone hears anything, post it because Scouting Ohio is a Private site until the season starts (they are getting paid by the colleges they list) so info is harder to come by in the "free market".:help:

I'm glad Darian signed with Michigan State and got his recruitment out of the way before his senior season starts. He's going to be a standout at the next level. I'm looking forward to the day when Hicks and Barksdale are both in the Spartans' starting lineup.