Scrimmage

Jhorgan

Moderated User
Who did Green scrimmage? Was it Napoleon again? And how di it go? I think I heard they have New Philly coming up to Uniontown this year, so that should be a solid test of where they are for the 2013 campaign.

They scrimmaged Poland. I heard the defense struggled. Poland's O-line was big. Not sure what went on with the offense. for some reason we always use tiny D-linemen.

There is really not much more for them to use this year. The size will be an issue on both the O-line and d-line. Size is overrated on the D-line. I would much rather have a little undersized group there that is quick, strong and can move, than a big line that is less agile and cannot chase plays down.

Poland is a team that will come right at you and punch you in the mouth if you are not physical, and I saw that last year at the beginning of the scrimmage with Poland. Green wasn't quite ready for the physical play, but after a series, they settled in. I still think Green can have a solid team, 7-3, 6-4.

Well, New Philly looked better than us. 13-7 before the lightning off in the distant. I didnt stick around. our skill guys looked pretty good, cant say the same about the lines esp the O-line, waay too much penetration by their d-linemen. our D-line too small as usual, they get pretty much smothered it seems.
I see Muzi out there coaching, this is good. he can and will light a fire under this defense. they will need it.
We have some weapons, but we need real blockers.

THe thing you need to understand is that linemen are the toughest thing to develop. You can't just say we need linemen and have them appear like rubbing a Genie lamp. Green will have a relatively small line this year on offense compared to last season, but small does not mean ineffective. You have to use your quickness to your advantage, which I am sure Coach Rardin will try to do offensively. Defensively, I have always said size is over-rated. Give me smaller, quicker guys that will do the techniques, and I will cause a lot of problems for the offense. IT is fundamentals and technique that will prevail. Green will probably go about 6-5 or 5-5 again this year.