Possible future opposition for football

U

username123

Some schools I am hearing about:

Akron Firestone, Akron Garfield, Maple Heights, Rocky River, Lake, Warren Howland, New Philadelphia, Wooster, Medina, Twinsburg, Wadsworth.

Obviously it would take many seasons to get them all on the schedule. Also, rumors that Cuyahoga Falls may not want to continue the rivalry.

I say drop Norton and Pick up Howland next year and take Maple Heights in week six.

Stay away from Firestone, possibly take Garfield. The rest could be added as openings appear on the schedule.

IF we're talking Harbin's benefits, I'd go after teams that play in relatively weak leagues that do well in those leagues.

Tallmadge has been milking Ellet, Garfield for years now in this regard.

Other choices would be teams like Field, Ravenna, Crestwood, Woodridge (though they're super tough this year) from the Portage County league.

I'd stay away from teams like Howland, Maple Heights, Wooster, Wadsworth. Sure, they're all usually good Harbin wins, but the chances of Barberton beating them consistently isn't very good.

Scheduling the right opponents can easily make the difference between making the playoffs or not. I think Barberton is going to have exactly that problem this year.

IF we're talking Harbin's benefits, I'd go after teams that play in relatively weak leagues that do well in those leagues.

Other choices would be teams like Field, Ravenna, Crestwood, Woodridge (though they're super tough this year) from the Portage County league.

I'd stay away from teams like Howland, Maple Heights, Wooster, Wadsworth. Sure, they're all usually good Harbin wins, but the chances of Barberton beating them consistently isn't very good.

Scheduling the right opponents can easily make the difference between making the playoffs or not. I think Barberton is going to have exactly that problem this year.

Mount
That's to logical for some Btonians!:thumb:

Coventry has given us 3 wins, Alliance 2, Falls o, North 0, Tallmadge 1 total 6..... and some want to drop Coventry the only team providing 2nd level points....

Not a lot of wins for Kent, Highland or Revere either.... We could possibly win all 3 of these games....

Coventry has given us 3 wins, Alliance 2, Falls o, North 0, Tallmadge 1 total 6..... and some want to drop Coventry the only team providing 2nd level points....

Not a lot of wins for Kent, Highland or Revere either.... We could possibly win all 3 of these games....

Coventry is not a bad pickup but probably shouldnt play them away again. We need to can the City Series. Picking up Norton next year does not help either.

Barberton should buy a out if state team to come in. Make sure they are horrible. why you may ask. Anytime you beat an out of state team you gain max points on victory no matter what. I will educate Free my little elf loving feather toting magic maniac.

Free was quoted in the press box that he wants st v back on schedule. Along with new Philly. "Now is our time for payback!"

Some schools I am hearing about:

Akron Firestone, Akron Garfield, Maple Heights, Rocky River, Lake, Warren Howland, New Philadelphia, Wooster, Medina, Twinsburg, Wadsworth.

Obviously it would take many seasons to get them all on the schedule. Also, rumors that Cuyahoga Falls may not want to continue the rivalry.

I say drop Norton and Pick up Howland next year and take Maple Heights in week six.

Stay away from Firestone, possibly take Garfield. The rest could be added as openings appear on the schedule.

Are we locked into Coventry and Norton? I see these as preseason games, but could bring transfer players. I would like Medina, Rocky River and Falls in the first three weeks, then Garfield or Ellet in the filler SL game.

Are we locked into Coventry and Norton? I see these as preseason games, but could bring transfer players. I would like Medina, Rocky River and Falls in the first three weeks, then Garfield or Ellet in the filler SL game.

Coventry is over after next season. Unfortunately, Norton is a 4 year contract.

Currently the 2016 schedule is:

Norton
Coventry
@Cuyahoga Falls
Copley
@Aurora
OPEN
Tallmadge
@Kent Roosevelt
Highland
@Revere

Star,

Great idea. People would pay good money to watch Free wrestle his elf buddy. Could it be sponsored by the Star Inn? Hunky Club?

According to OHSAA.org the only schools with a posted opening in Week 6 are St. Edward's (not a good idea) and Cincinnati Mt. Healthy and Shadyside.

Hopefully something opens up

Not sure how much they have been "milking" them. Ellet has split with Tallmadge over the last 6 year or so and Garfield hasn't won more than 5 games in years Tallmadge beat them

According to OHSAA.org the only schools with a posted opening in Week 6 are St. Edward's (not a good idea) and Cincinnati Mt. Healthy and Shadyside.

Hopefully something opens up

And one city team.. Not sure who. Ellet Garfield Buchtel east would be good gets

Barberton filled week six with a home game against West Holmes. They have been a consistent winning program but fell way off this season...

Doesn't the rb who got all those yards against bad teams graduate this year? If so do you see this program growing or back to same old?

Doesn't the rb who got all those yards against bad teams graduate this year? If so do you see this program growing or back to same old?

I don't know if the Ellet RB graduates or not.