Obnoxious High School Lacrosse Parents

Cardgrad90

Lacrosse is one of those sports that elicits significant fan/parent response when calls are made or not made. Some parents/fans just take it to a higher level. Brecksville/Broadview Heights fans were this new level last night in a bout against Mentor. Calling for Mentor players to be hurt at the hands of Brecksville/Broadview Heights, screaming at students who were at the game cheering on their classmates, and hounding officials. Purely classless and the kind of behavior that should warrant removal from a stadium. Keep it down in our neck of the woods.

Last edited:

Lacrosse is one of those sports that illicitness significant fan/parent response when calls are made or not made. Some parents/fans just take it to a higher level. Brecksville/Broadview Heights fans were this new level last night in a bout against Mentor. Calling for Mentor players to be hurt at the hands of Brecksville/Broadview Heights, screaming at students who were at the game cheering on their classmates, and hounding officials. Purely classless and the kind of behavior that should warrant removal from a stadium. Keep it down in our neck of the woods.
This type of behavior at a HS Sporting event is completely unacceptable! I have to ask if what you say is all true, what was Site Management doing? Did they ever address these people?

What I'm saying is 100% true. Our lacrosse field bleachers are such that we sit across the isle from the visitors fans.

As the game went on it became more chippy on the field and every call, or non call, from the officials was then nagged by a group of moms and one father.

There wasn't much in the way of site management to address their classless antics. So then, back and forth began to develop in the stands.

Mind you, the bad blood on the field began early in the game when a Brecksville/Broadview Heights player took a cheap shot on a much smaller Mentor player. Late in the game the Brecksville/Broadview Heights' coach' own son was ejected from the game, for unsportsmanlike conduct resulting from a headshot.

Are you sure it was a cheap shot? Or was it just a bigger kid so you didn’t think it was “fair”? I was the parent of the “big kid” who had to deal with obnoxious opponents moms screaming every time my kid breathed on their tiny little sons- even when he did everything by the book. Just saying- your point of view can be skewed depending on whose kid is yours.