Oak hills?

i honestly do not feel that happening at all.... Oak hills 'D' will shut down masons offense .. and as long as oak hills offense gets the ball moving i see oak hills winning 28-3

i honestly do not feel that happening at all.... Oak hills 'D' will shut down masons offense .. and as long as oak hills offense gets the ball moving i see oak hills winning 28-3

Mason has won all of their meetings with Oak Hills since joining the GMC - at all levels. Nothing is ever guaranteed, but Mason should win this one. It's up to the team to back it up.

Keep drinking the kool-aid.

Oak Hills football is a joke.

8-26allday - What will it say about Mason football if they lose to OH tonight? Not saying they will, I expect a tight game, but I hope the Mason players have the same impression of OH football as you do. It will make victory that much easier and sweeter.

8-26allday - What will it say about Mason football if they lose to OH tonight? Not saying they will, I expect a tight game, but I hope the Mason players have the same impression of OH football as you do. It will make victory that much easier and sweeter.

I'm not the one on here talking ---- about how great my team is. Truewestsider (i.e. - inbreed hillbilly) is.

I'm not the one on here talking ---- about how great my team is. Truewestsider (i.e. - inbreed hillbilly) is.

Which is worse, talking about how good "their" team is or bashing the opposition? I appreciate Truewestsider's enthusiasm over you calling our program a joke.

Oak Hills 24
Mason 14

What an ugly game!! Oak Hills was clearly the better team, but a combination of stupid mistakes and poor officiating kept the game close.

I think that Mason had a negative number of yards in the first half. They finally figured out that they coold throw short over the middle, and that got them back in it. It looked like they have good receivers, but the QB can't throw it far enough.

Looks like a long year for the Comets....

Point blank and simple Mason has major issues to address on offense. The defense has several issues as well but I think the offensive side of the ball is in shambles. I don't have the answer that's for the Coaching staff to figure out.

I do feel Mason is a lot better team than last year, also we can't forget that they have injuries in key positions that if those injuries had not of happened the Comets could easily be 3-1.

So for the Coaching staff bashers before you start, take a look at the overall picture.

If I can offer a little advice, it would be to make changes to the offense ASAP before next week. We have to get the ball in the endzone point blank and simple.

Good Luck next week and keep you head up. This week is over and hanging your head is not going to change the outcome. Raise your head up and prepare for the next challenge. Still have a season to turn around. Team leaders step and lead your team and pull out a win next week.

Point blank and simple Mason has major issues to address on offense. The defense has several issues as well but I think the offensive side of the ball is in shambles. I don't have the answer that's for the Coaching staff to figure out.

I do feel Mason is a lot better team than last year, also we can't forget that they have injuries in key positions that if those injuries had not of happened the Comets could easily be 3-1.

So for the Coaching staff bashers before you start, take a look at the overall picture.

If I can offer a little advice, it would be to make changes to the offense ASAP before next week. We have to get the ball in the endzone point blank and simple.

Good Luck next week and keep you head up. This week is over and hanging your head is not going to change the outcome. Raise your head up and prepare for the next challenge. Still have a season to turn around. Team leaders step and lead your team and pull out a win next week.

The phrase ”Can`t see the forest for the trees” comes to mind.

There are so many things that need to be fixed (not just on the field).

What’s the excuses this week? Injuries, lack of size, lack of talent, lack of intensity, etc. which ones? Stop making excuses and get it done. Not a basher; I like everyone else,want to be at least competitive and win a few games along the way, as to have some respect for Mason's football program. We can’t afford to lose more players next year.

Starts with accountability!!

Realistically we’re looking at 1-9 season. Hope is all I have left, mix in some luck, and then maybe we could equal our output from last year.
You never know, lightning could strike and we win a couple more. That’s what I’d like to see!

STOP! Trying to prove your plan (it's not working) and adjust your personal/play calling or create a new one.

News Flash! Fairfield has already doubled their output from last year with the same players that's been in their system for the last three years!

Last edited:
i enjoy the hatred remarks ... but i do not talk about how GREAT my team is.. i simply stated that my team was going to and DID beat yours. simple as that..

Considering the injuries Mason had and the terrible officiating, I think Mason will wind up having a better year than some of you think - once some of their top players heal. Good luck for the rest of the season.

The phrase ”Can`t see the forest for the trees” comes to mind.

There are so many things that need to be fixed (not just on the field).

What’s the excuses this week? Injuries, lack of size, lack of talent, lack of intensity, etc. which ones? Stop making excuses and get it done. Not a basher; I like everyone else,want to be at least competitive and win a few games along the way, as to have some respect for Mason's football program. We can’t afford to lose more players next year.

Starts with accountability!!

Realistically we’re looking at 1-9 season. Hope is all I have left, mix in some luck, and then maybe we could equal our output from last year.
You never know, lightning could strike and we win a couple more. That’s what I’d like to see!

STOP! Trying to prove your plan (it's not working) and adjust your personal/play calling or create a new one.

News Flash! Fairfield has already doubled their output from last year with the same players that's been in their system for the last three years!
I will agree the plan in place right now is not working. Mason is competitive on defense and I believe we all can agree with that. We have "MAJOR" issues on offense. Simplify is the term that comes to mind when I think about the offense. It must be done. The spread is not working, maybe with a few personel changes it might work I honestly don't know. On the defensive side Mason is solid. But at the same time the defense can only hold a team for so long.

Without being disrespectful to the QB, if I could offer a little advice to him
1. Stay focused through the adversity.
2. Throw the ball away when nothing is there.
3. Play within yourself and don't force things
4. I'm in your corner no matter what but work on the above which I'm sure the staff is already telling him.
5. Young fella you can lead this team and turn this around I truly believe this.

I don't always agree with SedMak but the some of the playcalling along with "TERRIBLE CALLS" doomed Mason last night. I've said it from day 1. Teams should not sleep on the Comets. But if the offense does not get it figured out, you will be correct HWCUSA in your above post.

I will agree the plan in place right now is not working. Mason is competitive on defense and I believe we all can agree with that. We have "MAJOR" issues on offense. Simplify is the term that comes to mind when I think about the offense. It must be done. The spread is not working, maybe with a few personel changes it might work I honestly don't know. On the defensive side Mason is solid. But at the same time the defense can only hold a team for so long.

Without being disrespectful to the QB, if I could offer a little advice to him
1. Stay focused through the adversity.
2. Throw the ball away when nothing is there.
3. Play within yourself and don't force things
4. I'm in your corner no matter what but work on the above which I'm sure the staff is already telling him.
5. Young fella you can lead this team and turn this around I truly believe this.

I don't always agree with SedMak but the some of the playcalling along with "TERRIBLE CALLS" doomed Mason last night. I've said it from day 1. Teams should not sleep on the Comets. But if the offense does not get it figured out, you will be correct HWCUSA in your above post.

I agree with what you say about the offense as having “"MAJOR" issues.

I also agree that the defense is competitive (the stats give a less favorible outlook).

But as I see it, the offensive should/could be competitive and the defense should/could be exceptional.

Both sides of the ball need work. The lack of size on the line is an issue on both sides of the ball, but the size issue should be easier to overcome on defense.
Almost every time a team has 3rad and 5 or less, they will run the ball for a 1st down. Only a select few defensive players tackle to drive a ball carrier back, most just drag them down. Technically it’s a tackle and it counts as one, but it is still a less productive tackle than one that gives up little to no yardage at the point of contact. A few of the best tacklers on the team do not even play full time. That’s just one of many issues that are not being addressed.

On offense it’s lack of blocking and poor play selection. Again there are players that have little to no playing time on offense that can block as good as or better than the starting players.

I’m not going to name names because it wouldn’t matter and I would be accused of some sort of bias.
The coaches will or already can see this, if they really want to. There are too many other things they are trying to accomplish besides just winning IMO. Winning should be first and foremost. The other things can be addressed later if possible.

If you go back to basic football (blocking/tackling) and perfect these essential components, then the details will be more likely to make a greater impact on any success that is gained.
Being in the right position doesn't matter if you can't follow though with a good block or tackle.

Great advice for the QB!

Not to make it rain on anyones parade but there are three parts to every football team and you seem to be forgetting the Comets Special Teams. I mean they can make or break the game. I believe it was Jim TRessel that said the punt was the most important play in football? Don't quote me on that but i believe it was him who said that. Personally I believe the comets have one of the best special teams if not the best in the GMC. The line holds very well and the P/PK are doing well. That Grage kid has a leg and doesn't seem to miss. Just the same Ethan King seems to have a strong boot for the punt as well. I'd like to see any team try to match Mason's special teams.

Not to make it rain on anyones parade but there are three parts to every football team and you seem to be forgetting the Comets Special Teams. I mean they can make or break the game. I believe it was Jim TRessel that said the punt was the most important play in football? Don't quote me on that but i believe it was him who said that. Personally I believe the comets have one of the best special teams if not the best in the GMC. The line holds very well and the P/PK are doing well. That Grage kid has a leg and doesn't seem to miss. Just the same Ethan King seems to have a strong boot for the punt as well. I'd like to see any team try to match Mason's special teams.

Yes you are correct, the kicking game has been a bright spot for the Comets (not rain, but sunshine in this area). Both kickers have done a great job. We are one of the best kicking teams in the GMC. We are about average in returns in the GMC. I guess at this point average is good.
Yes special teams can "make or break a team", only if you have a competitive offense that can get you in scoring position and a defense that can keep the opposing team from doing the same. We are last in the GMC in both of those areas.

Your place kicker seems very good. I was on tristatefootball.com the other day and it looks like he got nominated for the All-Tristate Team. Pretty impressive for his first year kicking.

Your place kicker seems very good. I was on tristatefootball.com the other day and it looks like he got nominated for the All-Tristate Team. Pretty impressive for his first year kicking.

Yes Andrew Grage is very good. He has only missed one FG and PAT in the last two years. The FG he missed this year was the night of the bad storms against the wind in Dayton's welcome stadium vs. Trotwood. I don't think any kicker in the league would have made that one. He did kick the winning FG for the Comets with 1:47 to go in that game.

He had the highest percentage for FG (100%) and second highest in XP (95%) last year.
Didn't get picked for the all conference team because they go by total point’s not highest percentage. Basically he got ripped due to the Comets lackluster offensive output that kept him from getting his attempt opportunities.

He’s definitely is an asset to the team. Hope the team gives him enough opportunities to bring his point total up so he can have a shot at the all conference team this year.

i played volleyball with him this past year and i go to la salle... he said he was a decent kicker... i guess he was telling the truth... 41 yarder this past week?