New HEad Coach in the HOUSE!! Good Luck to Coach Eagon!

Jhorgan

Moderated User
Word has hit that Coach Ed Eagon will be the next head coach of the Comet football program. I do not know the man, but from what I have heard about him, he is a top-notch guy and is very particular on the fundamentals. THAT is just what a struggling program needs to be taken to the next level. Good Luck!

Good luck to coach Eagon finally hired a coach that knows Coventry, now if they can just get ride of that weasel athletic director at Coventry they will be headed in the right direction.

Well, you have to understand that there are a lot of programs that are like Coventry. Surb kids sometimes have things easy, and the parents pamper them to the kids detriment.

Coaching and talent at the youth level is not good at all.

You must be mistaken about the youth level at Coventry they have a good program that has 4 JV championships and 4 varsity championships and most of them are recent , if the high school would give the Youth Varsity Coach a chance at the High School level you would see dramatic improvement the guy just wins games , you might want to go watch a Youth Varsity game there is good coaching there.

I might indeed. I also have seen a lot of local areas like Green, Ellet, etc that have very good youth teams and the kids do not continue to play ball into high school for a number of reasons, be it, work, a private school gives them tuition, they knock up a girl an have to work, they want to hang out with their homeslices, whatever. Youth football coaching is great and I respect them for that, but because you have championships at that level does not translate into wins at the high school level. It is a different animal up there. There is more time involved by the coaches, year round with weight training, and fundraising, and many of the youth coaches don't have the time to do that.

I appreciate that the possibility of moving a guy up from there might work, but just because they have won at the youth level does not automatically translate to wins later on.

I might indeed. I also have seen a lot of local areas like Green, Ellet, etc that have very good youth teams and the kids do not continue to play ball into high school for a number of reasons, be it, work, a private school gives them tuition, they knock up a girl an have to work, they want to hang out with their homeslices, whatever. Youth football coaching is great and I respect them for that, but because you have championships at that level does not translate into wins at the high school level. It is a different animal up there. There is more time involved by the coaches, year round with weight training, and fundraising, and many of the youth coaches don't have the time to do that.

I appreciate that the possibility of moving a guy up from there might work, but just because they have won at the youth level does not automatically translate to wins later on.
Never said it would, I was responding to you'r there is know good coaching in youth football, Coventry actually let this coach , coach the seventh and 8th grade football teams one year and he lost one game out of both teams they let him go the next year because of budget cuts so says, Now would you not give this coach a try at the High School level he knows all the players already to see what he could do what does Coventry have to lose except more games . Also this coach at the youth level has had only one year when his team did not go to the youth playoffs out off 15 years that is a good record .You are right that it is a different animal at the High School level and all the time involved but this coach played football in High School so he knows what it takes anyways he doesn,t have to be the head coach right away let him run the offense or defense Coventry just doesn,t know a good thing when they see it.

I see your point, and it is valid. I will have to remain mum on the topic for a few years to see how this regime does and if it is getting any better. The current HC also knows the kids and players because he teaches in the middle or junior high. Verdict is not going to be in after 1 season though.

Youth football is just so hard to gauge if a guy can coach or not. Another thing also might be that the guy who has had all of the success at the youth level may not be willing to work under someone else as the HC, taking it as a slight and slap in the face. The feeling of not getting the HC job and trying to manipulate things so that the new HC does not do well. I have seen that happen before also. Tough call. All I know is that I want the COmets to do well, and I think we will see some improvement in years to come once he has had a chance to implement his off season program fully.

I agree ,coach Eagon should get an opportunity to establish himself I hope he does well I like him as a coach ,As for the youth coach he would absolutely be happy with just being on the staff as an assistant with a chance of course to move up, and by the way the youth coach is undefeated once again and in the playoffs .

That is cool. I believe they will have an opening on defense this off-season, maybe the guy should apply through the HR department. Don't know if that would help or not, but I don't think it could hurt. Good Luck to the youth Comets!