Nba basketball is so bad now

Walker Kessler. 9 points and 8 rebounds per game
Josh Hart. 10 points and 8 rebounds per game
Austin Reeves. 13 points and 3 rebounds per game.
These are NBA stats from the above players. No Donovan Mitchell, Trae Young, Jimmy Butler, Gilgeous Alexander. Steph Curry, Ja Morant,Jason Tatum, etc
Losing 1 FIBA game to a very good Lithuania team doesn't change the fact that USA basketball is #1 in the world. This is not 1992 when Dream Team 1, 2 and 3 could wipe the floor with the rest of the planet

Walker Kessler. 9 points and 8 rebounds per game
Josh Hart. 10 points and 8 rebounds per game
Austin Reeves. 13 points and 3 rebounds per game.
These are NBA stats from the above players. No Donovan Mitchell, Trae Young, Jimmy Butler, Gilgeous Alexander. Steph Curry, Ja Morant,Jason Tatum, etc
Losing 1 FIBA game to a very good Lithuania team doesn't change the fact that USA basketball is #1 in the world. This is not 1992 when Dream Team 1, 2 and 3 could wipe the floor with the rest of the planet
Well, a couple of things, 1. International ball is catching up if not caught up, I mean the last three NBA MVP's were/are international players. 2. Like you mentioned, the best players in the league aren't playing. 3. Gilgeous-Alexander is playing just not for the USA. 4. Who cares!

Last edited:
USA basketball is not worse, the rest of the world has caught up.
I think there is alot of truth that the world has caught up but I'm not sure that USA basketball hasn't taken a step back. IMO, it seems possible that as the rest of the world caught up, there was a small step back by basketball in the United States. It is definitely a different game today.

I think there is alot of truth that the world has caught up but I'm not sure that USA basketball hasn't taken a step back. IMO, it seems possible that as the rest of the world caught up, there was a small step back by basketball in the United States. It is definitely a different game today.
I don't know they have stepped back as much as you're not seeing the top players participate. Put Lebron, Curry...on the team and USA basketball dominates.

USA sent their freaking backup to the backups backup squad and you're saying that. Skill level in the league and around the world has never been higher.

The US used to have the college guys dominate the world, after that stopped, the dream team was born. But absolutely, the rest of the world has caught up and even with some of our best, we'll have our hands full. And don't think that LeBron is going to help. LeBron is a shell of himself and many of the foreign teams would expose us if we just sent a bunch of old NBA vets. We don't defend well, the euros stretch the floor and they ALL can shoot. Remember the NBA is a scripted show by the league and the networks to get people to watch. Has nothing to do with the skill of the game. NBA stars would not be bailed out by officials like they are in NBA games.