Most money you’ve ever bet on a particular game?

Haven’t really tried it or experimented with it myself. But question basically is: As far as sports betting/gambling goes in your past history: What’s most or maximum amount of money you’ve ever bet with someone else over the outcome of a game? And who won the bet? You or the other person?

Im planning on wagering about $25 cash. Don’t see any reason to go any higher or lower than that? What about yourself: If you do partake in sports betting/gambling: What is the “highest/maximum” amount of bet money 💴 you would even consider normal to bet on a game?

For about 30 years a buddy and I split a Super Bowl block that cost $150 each. Luckily we won 2 finals that paid $10K each and a half-time that paid $4K. $12K each for about $4500 each cost.

$5 on Ohio State (football) to beat Alabama a few years back. I'm not much of a gambler. Well, I'll take that back. In the retirement game, I have traditional and Roth IRA's and a 403 b all invested mostly in stocks and bonds.

I bet $40 across the board ($120) on a sure thing at Northfield Park. Ended up winning but was sweating a little bit about betting so much money with so little of a potential return.

Adjusted for inflation I bet about $10 on a game back when Buffalo was pretty good. After losing the first two superbowls they were in, and getting back for a third crack at it, I knew the third time would be the charm. I took a classmate's bet, and it paid off amazingly well for $10.

I learned I should not be betting, even on sure things. The payoff was I have never bet again.

2.5 Million on Uconn to cover against SD ST in the championship game. It was a no brainer......

<ps..... it was monopoly money but if I had that much I would of let it ride...)

Wasn't a sports game but,

Attachments

• IMG_20180505_115838_503.jpg
    IMG_20180505_115838_503.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 28
Haven’t really tried it or experimented with it myself. But question basically is: As far as sports betting/gambling goes in your past history: What’s most or maximum amount of money you’ve ever bet with someone else over the outcome of a game? And who won the bet? You or the other person?

Im planning on wagering about $25 cash. Don’t see any reason to go any higher or lower than that? What about yourself: If you do partake in sports betting/gambling: What is the “highest/maximum” amount of bet money 💴 you would even consider normal to bet on a game?
I had just gotten out of the service in 1971. And was attending a local college, when this big mouth draft dodger boasted, that the Lucy C. Laney Mildcats of Augusta, would win the big school State Championship. And they were about to play Valdosta in the semi- finals. I told him, I'll bet you $10.00 that Valdosta will beat Laney by more than 21 points. (I was making twenty-five bucks a week, working parttime for the college) Thinking that I had lost my mind, giving his 13-0 Augusta Laney team any points, much less 21. He was all over it. FINAL: Lucy C. Laney 7 Valdosta 56. Valdosta: 1971 National Champions. This dude SHOULD have done his due diligence, and actually SCOUTED Laney, who had played game ten against 1-9 Baldwin and won 20-8. And that game was TWO BLOCKS from our dorm. SOME peoples chillern. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Adjusted for inflation I bet about $10 on a game back when Buffalo was pretty good. After losing the first two superbowls they were in, and getting back for a third crack at it, I knew the third time would be the charm. I took a classmate's bet, and it paid off amazingly well for $10.

I learned I should not be betting, even on sure things. The payoff was I have never bet again.
I NEARLY took the points and TCU for a hundred, back in January against UGA!:rolleyes: