Michael Currin

Same from St. X, I believe X will have a moment of silence before the game Friday. Very sad, condolences to the Moeller family.

I believe the sole F3 charge means the max he could get is 6 mos in county jail. I know F3 carries max 36 mos in prison, but a law passed several years ago by Gov Kasich allows F5, F4, and F3 non violent charges to get max 6 mos county jail.

However, I don’t know this guy’s criminal history, because that can affect him in regards to the law. For example, if he’s a convicted felon, no dice; he will do 36 mos in prison.

But sadly, no matter what jail time he gets or what the finding of the case, it won’t bring Michael back. This was such a tragedy. This kid touched so many people, my family included. Some things I don’t understand.

There's no win-win sometimes. Regardless his history, how bad do you punish someone that was trying to do a good, something bad happened and they panic? If those deciding could put their mind into young Mr. Currin's, what justice would he exact? Very sad indeed.

There's no win-win sometimes. Regardless his history, how bad do you punish someone that was trying to do a good, something bad happened and they panic? If those deciding could put their mind into young Mr. Currin's, what justice would he exact? Very sad indeed.
I don’t think we can know what happened that night with certainty, but the “panic” was likely due to the condition of the driver and their not wanting to be charged with OVI. Since he left- no way to know or charge.

Maybe so. Certainly we can hope we're never in the spot of his parents.

If left with presumption, I think I'd rather just presume the guy tried to do a good thing but did it in a foolish way that any number of us have done and paniced like people do when things turn sour or just didn't see the kid in the road.

I hope the parents are the type that don't get held up knowing all the details they may never know. Life is better when you can move on as the young man probably would want them to do.