Magics Basketball 2015-2016

So the Magics are 10-8 (.555) and in league play they are 3-6 (.333). Where was this big turnaround that I was told was going to happen? Magics Basketball ran through this league the last time they were in it. Can someone give me some details on how this is happening? Are we losing kids to other schools? Is the coaching not up to par? Are the stands still half empty? What will happen in Canton?

Just checked out playoff format. Magics will play 2-27 at 7pm vs winner of Dover/Glenoak. If they should win that game, they would then play the winner of Perry vs Jackson.

So the Magics are 10-8 (.555) and in league play they are 3-6 (.333). Where was this big turnaround that I was told was going to happen? Magics Basketball ran through this league the last time they were in it. Can someone give me some details on how this is happening? Are we losing kids to other schools? Is the coaching not up to par? Are the stands still half empty? What will happen in Canton?

Stands are not half empty, they are half full.

11-9 on the season, is that it until the Playoffs? First winning season in a few years, but not really feeling excited about it. I'm not even interested in going to playoff games, but I do wish them luck. It's gonna be a tough road.

11-9 on the season, is that it until the Playoffs? First winning season in a few years, but not really feeling excited about it. I'm not even interested in going to playoff games, but I do wish them luck. It's gonna be a tough road.

Not guaranteed a winning record not. They lost to Highland so now they are 11-10. They will probably lose to Revere 11-11. Then they will probably get beat by Glenoak which will make them 11-12. Even if they beat Glenoak they will get crushed by Jackson with would make them 12-12.

All in all, they will not have a winning record AGAIN... sad face emoji

Not guaranteed a winning record not. They lost to Highland so now they are 11-10. They will probably lose to Revere 11-11. Then they will probably get beat by Glenoak which will make them 11-12. Even if they beat Glenoak they will get crushed by Jackson with would make them 12-12.

All in all, they will not have a winning record AGAIN... sad face emoji

I'm going with Barberton to beat Revere to finish the regular season 12-10, but then lose to Glenoak in playoffs (12-11). :Ohno:

Magics finish season with a win over Revere to end the regular season at 12-10 and 5-7 in league play. Freshman and JV teams show promis for the future, but Magics will still be small and mediocre. Foul shot shooting is atrocious and painful to watch. I'm positive we are losing players to other schools and this needs to stop!

2015-2016 S.L.A. Final standings!

Final Regular Season Standings:
Code:
[B][U]Team			League	Overall	PF	(AVG)	PA	(AVG)[/U][/B]
Copley (Copley)		(12-0)	(22-0)	1736	(78.9)	1222	(55.5)
Highland (Medina)	(7-5)	(13-9)	1145	(52.0)	1131	(51.4)
Revere (Richfield)	(6-6)	(9-13)	1270	(57.7)	1279	(58.1)
Barberton (Barberton)	(5-7)	(12-10)	1192	(54.2)	1093	(49.7)
Roosevelt (Kent)	(5-7)	(8-14)	1214	(55.2)	1283	(58.3)
Tallmadge (Tallmadge)	(4-8)	(10-11)	1197	(57.0)	1254	(59.7)
Aurora (Aurora)		(3-9)	(5-17)	1227	(55.8)	1371	(62.3)

With the schedule the Magics had, in the past, the Magics would have been closer to Copley's record then below Highland. Hell, Revere had a better in league record then the Magics.

I'm not trying to hate, I went to the Revere game and cheered for the magics, (a good away attendance for the Magics).

Last edited:
We'll find out next year. The 8th grade class is absolutely LOADED! If the staff has a good enough relationship with the kids, and I think they do, you'll see a WHOLE LOT of winning in about two years. If all the kids roll out to somewhere else, then a lot of the same will continue. Best of luck in the tourney!

How can Bica predict Magics will lose to Glen Oak? Have you seen Glen Oak play? U hate magics because you were fired as the aquatics engineer for fooseball team coached by Sharkee.

Well, just as I predicted, Magics lost to Glenoak in first playoff game. I'm sure the boys played hard, but talent and fundamentals have been missing from the Magics for a few years now. Hope these issues will be addressed and Magics Basketball becomes stronger in the future.

Bica did not attend many games this year..... So where does all this insight come from??? How many years did you start in HS???

We were fundamentally sound, passing was good, and few turnovers most nights... Some nights we were just not good shooters.... Crowds were not good and the student sections was seldom 1/2 filled. Opponents, even undefeated Copley did not have a great following... This team played just about to their potential... 2 more wins would have bee great!!....

Bica did not attend many games this year..... So where does all this insight come from??? How many years did you start in HS???

We were fundamentally sound, passing was good, and few turnovers most nights... Some nights we were just not good shooters.... Crowds were not good and the student sections was seldom 1/2 filled. Opponents, even undefeated Copley did not have a great following... This team played just about to their potential... 2 more wins would have bee great!!....

I get my insight from parents of the players I talk to and the games I did watch. Early on I could tell this would be about a .500 team and I was right. The games I called would be wins or losses were right. So stop your hating and your trolling. Let's hope the wounds of losing the Williams boys and other players are finally starting to heal and we can keep our kids in our district as well as bring some talent in.

The program is stale. Has been for some time. Even quality coaches need to walk away when the time comes. The time has come.

PHP:
We'll find out next year. The 8th grade class is absolutely LOADED! If the staff has a good enough relationship with the kids, and I think they do, you'll see a WHOLE LOT of winning in about two years. If all the kids roll out to somewhere else, then a lot of the same will continue. Best of luck in the tourney!

Thats the thing, we are always loaded in 8th grade,, u l lght use to dominate every year and we had a whole other middle school.. We can't keep our players, no disrespect to the SL but if barberton kept all their kids they would win this league 8 out of 10 years

PHP:

Thats the thing, we are always loaded in 8th grade,, u l lght use to dominate every year and we had a whole other middle school.. We can't keep our players, no disrespect to the SL but if barberton kept all their kids they would win this league 8 out of 10 years

If grandma had balls she'd be grandpa:party: