Lillard traded to Milwaukee

I don't get this trade at all for Milwaukee. It isn't Dame time. He's 3-4 years past his prime. He's a career 43% field goal shooter, 37% from 3 point land. Add to this he's not really in on defense. Meanwhile, you traded your best perimeter defender in Jrue Holiday, kind of the grit of the team. This won't make the Bucks better.

I don't get this trade at all for Milwaukee. It isn't Dame time. He's 3-4 years past his prime. He's a career 43% field goal shooter, 37% from 3 point land. Add to this he's not really in on defense. Meanwhile, you traded your best perimeter defender in Jrue Holiday, kind of the grit of the team. This won't make the Bucks better.
I think they believe they can get one or two more years of a rejuvenated Dame to help Giannis get one more ring during this window of his career.

What’s more important is for Mobley to begin the leap to stardom so the Mitchell and Mobley Cavs can pass up the Bucks and bring another Larry O’Brien to CLE.

I think they believe they can get one or two more years of a rejuvenated Dame to help Giannis get one more ring during this window of his career.
That's possible, but IMO, they are not better today than they were at the end of last season. One thing the Bucks had was depth, they traded away some of that depth. This mean Giannis, who has now become often injured, plays more, not less. Dame doesn't play full seasons or lots of minutes anymore. I wish my Sixers would had got Jrue Holiday.

That's possible, but IMO, they are not better today than they were at the end of last season. One thing the Bucks had was depth, they traded away some of that depth. This mean Giannis, who has now become often injured, plays more, not less. Dame doesn't play full seasons or lots of minutes anymore. I wish my Sixers would had got Jrue Holiday.
They had him from the start, but traded him away.

So Dame time didn't work out real well in Milwaukee. I think he individually had a decent season, but like so many of these things, I don't know that he ever really gelled with that team. Both he and Giannis are ball dominate guys and with the player movement and sal cap many of the NBA teams are just slammed together. Dame never played much defense either. It's funny because many of these guys that the league wants to hang their hats on don't play defense. Luka is a target for the other team. They go after him constantly.