Lamar Jackson

So, you find out that the Kirk Cousins of "whatever the hell you do" is making substantially more than you and you're going to run to the boss to exclaim your gratitude for the world to hear. Got it.

Give me a break.
These contracts are negotiated individually between the team and player at the time of the negotiation. You know this. It makes no difference what other guys make, the team makes and offer to a player based on the situation that day.

And BTW, it's not a popular opinion and for some reason Cousins is a whipping boy of the many fans and media, but he's had a pretty good career. Minnesota was looking for a solid QB who stayed healthy and gave them the best chance at success. So they offer him the contract, and they've extended it. Since 2015 with Washington, Cousins has not missed a game. That's 8 seasons he's not missed a start. That's unheard of in today's NFL.

These contracts are negotiated individually between the team and player at the time of the negotiation. You know this. It makes no difference what other guys make, the team makes and offer to a player based on the situation that day.

And BTW, it's not a popular opinion and for some reason Cousins is a whipping boy of the many fans and media, but he's had a pretty good career. Minnesota was looking for a solid QB who stayed healthy and gave them the best chance at success. So they offer him the contract, and they've extended it. Since 2015 with Washington, Cousins has not missed a game. That's 8 seasons he's not missed a start. That's unheard of in today's NFL.
Yep, makes no difference. The unions put no pressure on them. :rolleyes:

So there's a big flap because Big Ben Roethlisberger said that you don't fear Lamar Jackson's arm and accuracy. Of course many of the "experts" mostly black, come to Lamar's defense?? Is this not true? Lamar can't throw the ball real well down field, outside the numbers. It's why he had Marc Andrews and why many DC's work to keep him in the pocket to throw.
When are we going to stop using race in sports in commentary? We've had black QB's now since the 1980's, and since the 2000's, we've had multiple black QB's. Just because a black QB is criticized, it's not racial!!! Kirk Cousins takes more slings and arrows than any other QB I can recall, and many because of 1. hi contract and 2. he's white. Mac Jones, Daniel Jones, Ryan Tannehill, it just seems like many commentators slam white QB's to somehow make up for not having blacks quarterback in the 60's and 70's.

So there's a big flap because Big Ben Roethlisberger said that you don't fear Lamar Jackson's arm and accuracy. Of course many of the "experts" mostly black, come to Lamar's defense?? Is this not true? Lamar can't throw the ball real well down field, outside the numbers. It's why he had Marc Andrews and why many DC's work to keep him in the pocket to throw.
When are we going to stop using race in sports in commentary? We've had black QB's now since the 1980's, and since the 2000's, we've had multiple black QB's. Just because a black QB is criticized, it's not racial!!! Kirk Cousins takes more slings and arrows than any other QB I can recall, and many because of 1. hi contract and 2. he's white. Mac Jones, Daniel Jones, Ryan Tannehill, it just seems like many commentators slam white QB's to somehow make up for not having blacks quarterback in the 60's and 70's.
I agree with Ben. Whether it’s just perception I want Lamar throwing the intermediate to deep ball. I respect him as a runner obviously but I‘ve seen enough that he doesn’t scare me in the pocket.