Lake Catholic 2024

What's the current enrollment situation at Lake Catholic? Stable? Growing? Declining? Is it still primarily fed by Catholic elementary schools, or is it now more voucher-driven? Who is the main competition for enrollment, if any, as far as privates?

I know this will eventually get to where it's supposed to be, about 2024 football, but I'm curious about LC's current/future state.

It’s not VASJ, Lake has standards and doesn’t just accept every student that can tie his or her shoes. Voucher process is also a losing process as it eventually fails to cover entire cost to educate student. Schools like VASJ that depend upon it so heavily eventually see it backfire.

It’s not VASJ, Lake has standards and doesn’t just accept every student that can tie his or her shoes. Voucher process is also a losing process as it eventually fails to cover entire cost to educate student. Schools like VASJ that depend upon it so heavily eventually see it backfire.
Standards? Like when a student puts an antisemitic symbol on his calf. Like when a student posts a racially insensitive video. There are plenty more examples. You are ignorant. Lake does not want you associating yourself with them.

Looking at things going into the season, Struthers/lake catholic will be another fantastic game and probably for the region. Both return almost everything with really good coaching staffs

Personally, I am sorry to see WJ and MLC not playing this season. Especially if MLC is looking really strong this year.

Just looking in from the very outside, it sounds like Lake is going to be back to their old self. Meaning very tough this year. Any word on what you guys are bringing back? Who are gonna be the playmakers?

What's the current enrollment situation at Lake Catholic? Stable? Growing? Declining? Is it still primarily fed by Catholic elementary schools, or is it now more voucher-driven? Who is the main competition for enrollment, if any, as far as privates?

I know this will eventually get to where it's supposed to be, about 2024 football, but I'm curious about LC's current/future state.
Lake has never really been voucher-driven. A few kids here and there but it's very minimal. As far as enrollment - Stable to slightly growing is probably fair to say. NDCL will always be the main competition for enrollment as far as privates go just base on where they are located. The powerhouse football programs of Mentor, Chardon, and Kirtland hurts more than any private school IMO.

Lake has never really been voucher-driven. A few kids here and there but it's very minimal. As far as enrollment - Stable to slightly growing is probably fair to say. NDCL will always be the main competition for enrollment as far as privates go just base on where they are located. The powerhouse football programs of Mentor, Chardon, and Kirtland hurts more than any private school IMO.
Not disagreeing, just wondering how you have data on the voucher at Lake Catholic or any given school?

Have to disagree here. Well, as far as the last 2 years go, Lake has seen an increase in kids coming through the voucher program. Nothing substantial, but a definite increase.

And as far as enrollment, definitely not growing. I guess you can say stable, but I’m going to assume you have not seen numbers for this year coming up. People don’t seem to realize Lake would be a Division V school without competitive balance. That’s the same amount of students as Kirtland.

Lastly, the days of competing for students with NDCL are over. Lake has to go outside the normal areas like Mayfield, Highland Heights areas etc..

What a great game that was at Avon in 2010. Man times sure have changed. Good luck to your Eagles.