Assistant Coaches:
Becky D'Amato
Chris McCabe
Samantha Stefancin

Record last season: 9-15 (2-9 WRC)
League Affiliation: Western Reserve Conference
Last year's playoff results: 0-1

Top players returning:
Angela Kale - All-Western Reserve Conference First Team; News Herald Third Team All-Star; All-Northeast District Honorable Mention; Led the team in most offensive categories, including average (.500), OBP (.542), SLG% (.903), hits (36), extra-base hits (15), home runs (6) and RBI (35); Broke school single-season home run record (6)

Devan McCabe - All-Western Reserve Conference First Team; All-Northeast District Honorable Mention; Hit .394 with .482 OBP and .634 slugging (OPS over 1.100); 23 RBI and 11 walks

Colette LaSalvia - All-Western Reserve Conference Honorable Mention; Top 3 in team in batting average (.391), OBP (.481), SLG% (.507), hits (27), walks (11); Led the team in walk-to-strikeout ratio – 1.375 walks for every strikeout

Top players lost:
Sophia Cartellone - Hit .312 with a .442 slugging percentage; 8 extra-base hits

New impact players:
Madi Gambatesa
Liv Gowdy
Quinn Robertson
Kherington Swader

Twitter:
@KenstonSoftball

Final Comments:
I have mostly enjoyed watching our early-season practices thus far. Our girls have been working hard and have nicely balanced supporting one another while still competing with one another. I believe, if we can stay healthy, we can take a step forward from the level we were at last year.

One of our strengths is that we have more depth than we did last season. We have multiple options at a number of positions, whereas last year, we were limited at certain spots. This helps us in two ways -- first, it allows me to be more aggressive with in-game substitutions and it also affords us the opportunity to change our starting lineup if we need a new look or if someone needs a day off.

One potential weakness is that we are likely going to be starting multiple freshmen, including at key positions on the field. Having freshmen jump right in can always present challenges.

Our core group of seniors has a lot of experience and need to lead us on and off the field. At the same time, the quicker that our freshmen can get comfortable and more acclimated to the high school level, the more successful we will be. We are going on a Spring Break trip this year, where I am sure we will see a lot of tough competition. The more we can grow as a team, on and off the field, during this week, the more success we will have this season.