Assistant Coaches:
Chris McCabe

Record last season: 6-14 (1-10)
League Affiliation: Western Reserve Conference
Last year's playoff results: 0-1 lost to Streetsboro in the first round

Top players returning:
Sophia Cartellone, Sr, Shortstop
Angela Kale, Jr, Firstbase, BA .459, Western Reserve All-Conference
Devan McCabe, Jr, RHP Pitcher, BA .302 Western Reserve All-Conference Honorable Mention
Colette LaSalvia, Jr Thirdbase, BA .333 Western Reserve All-Conference Honorable Mention
Maria Cowoski, Jr, Outfield

Top players lost:
Sammi Stefancin
Rachel Fender
Marlowe Toth
Rachel Adams

New impact players:
Madison Schmoldt

Twitter:
@KenstonSoftball

Final Comments:
We lost a lot with graduation last season, but I have been excited with how my returning starters have stepped up so far. The atmosphere is extremely positive and competitive. We have a bunch of new faces, but almost all of them bring speed or power to the lineup. I want to put pressure on the defense with our new weapons.

I know it might be a rebuilding year for us since we don’t have a lot of experience, but I do think we will surprise some teams with how fast we are catching on. The biggest challenge will be getting the new faces adjusted to varsity pitching. If they can figure it out, it will be a fun year.

The biggest concern is I only have one pitcher who has seen varsity time on my squad. Devan McCabe had a lot of innings last year as a sophomore due to an injury with our senior pitcher. Now, she is the ace and will have to lead a completely inexperienced pitching staff. I know she can do it, but it is a lot to ask of one player. I have full confidence in Devan, but it will be a year that strengthens her.