If Ohio State couldn't win the Natty, WHO would you choose?...

Both Washington and Michigan are going to be in the Big Ten, so, in a way, this will be an all- Big Ten final.
Well it’s not, they will be in the Big Ten very soon but Washington isn’t there yet. I do not count titles for teams in the Big Ten that occurred when they were in other conferences.

IMG_4532.jpeg

Anyone in the Big Ten
Seriously Sparty, do you think it has already been proven that Michigan did cheat?
Is Michigan representing the Big Ten?
Report: Big Ten Coaches Want Michigan Punished ...KXAN Austinhttps://www.kxan.com › sports › sports-illustrated › re...
"On a 90-minute league-wide conference call on Wednesday, a “vast majority” of coaches in the Big Ten voiced their frustrations with the investigation. Harbaugh was present on the call for 60 of the 90 minutes, according to Thamel. The Michigan coach eventually left the call so that rival coaches in the league could discuss the ongoing investigation into the school.
Specifically, a source told Thamel, “Collectively, the coaches want the Big Ten to act right now. What are we waiting on? We know what happened?”
Is McCarthy thumbing his nose at the rest of the Big 10 and college football in general?
"McCarthy estimated 80% of college football teams steal signs.
“It’s just a thing about football,” he said. “It’s been around for years. We actually had to adapt because in 2020 or 2019 when Ohio State was stealing our signs — which is legal and they were doing it — we had to get up to the level that they were at, and we had to make it an even playing field.”
Level the playing field indeed. Look at the stats for Michigan while Stalion was there and then look at their stats once Stalion was found out and Michigan was forced to play by the rules. No, nothing to see here.
If Michigan wins the championship it will be another championship with an asterisk attached to it and a strong possibility of being vacated.
Representing the Big 10? More like giving the Big 10 a black eye.
"Stealing signs is within the rules, oddly. But in-person scouting of opponents isn't, thanks to a rule that the N.C.A.A. instituted nearly thirty years ago, in the interest of financial parity. This is the basis of the biggest college football scandal in years.Nov 18, 2023"

Seriously Sparty, do you think it has already been proven that Michigan did cheat?
Is Michigan representing the Big Ten?
Report: Big Ten Coaches Want Michigan Punished ...KXAN Austinhttps://www.kxan.com › sports › sports-illustrated › re...
"On a 90-minute league-wide conference call on Wednesday, a “vast majority” of coaches in the Big Ten voiced their frustrations with the investigation. Harbaugh was present on the call for 60 of the 90 minutes, according to Thamel. The Michigan coach eventually left the call so that rival coaches in the league could discuss the ongoing investigation into the school.
Specifically, a source told Thamel, “Collectively, the coaches want the Big Ten to act right now. What are we waiting on? We know what happened?”
Is McCarthy thumbing his nose at the rest of the Big 10 and college football in general?
"McCarthy estimated 80% of college football teams steal signs.
“It’s just a thing about football,” he said. “It’s been around for years. We actually had to adapt because in 2020 or 2019 when Ohio State was stealing our signs — which is legal and they were doing it — we had to get up to the level that they were at, and we had to make it an even playing field.”
Level the playing field indeed. Look at the stats for Michigan while Stalion was there and then look at their stats once Stalion was found out and Michigan was forced to play by the rules. No, nothing to see here.
If Michigan wins the championship it will be another championship with an asterisk attached to it and a strong possibility of being vacated.
Representing the Big 10? More like giving the Big 10 a black eye.
"Stealing signs is within the rules, oddly. But in-person scouting of opponents isn't, thanks to a rule that the N.C.A.A. instituted nearly thirty years ago, in the interest of financial parity. This is the basis of the biggest college football scandal in years.Nov 18, 2023"
I don’t know and I really don’t care. The rest of the Big Ten coaches suck so their opinion really means Jack s**t in the grand scheme of things. None of them has accomplished anything of note on the national scale. Michigan winning is good for the conference whether they like it or not

I don’t know and I really don’t care. The rest of the Big Ten coaches suck so their opinion really means Jack s**t in the grand scheme of things. None of them has accomplished anything of note on the national scale. Michigan winning is good for the conference whether they like it or not
And if Michigan has to vacate the title, that will be good for the Big 10? It would be better for the conference if Washington wins. Especially after Washington and Oregon were after thoughts in joining the league. When/if Michigan is sanctioned, the Big 10 will need the Pac 12 arrivals to help fill the power vacuum with Michigan being an after thought in the near future.

And if Michigan has to vacate the title, that will be good for the Big 10? It would be better for the conference if Washington wins. Especially after Washington and Oregon were after thoughts in joining the league. When/if Michigan is sanctioned, the Big 10 will need the Pac 12 arrivals to help fill the power vacuum with Michigan being an after thought in the near future.
Still good for the Big Ten because everyone will remember what they saw on the field vs whatever happens after. Reggie Bush is an example with his Heisman.

Also it’s weak sauce to depend on the new arrivals to prop the Big Ten up. The Big Ten won’t be great again until teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Michigan State step their games up again. They need better coaches and better recruiting. Nebraska is the only one that’s starting to recruit better if the 4 and the only one who hired a coach who I believe will actually guide them into 21st century football.

Still good for the Big Ten because everyone will remember what they saw on the field vs whatever happens after. Reggie Bush is an example with his Heisman.

Also it’s weak sauce to depend on the new arrivals to prop the Big Ten up. The Big Ten won’t be great again until teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Michigan State step their games up again. They need better coaches and better recruiting. Nebraska is the only one that’s starting to recruit better if the 4 and the only one who hired a coach who I believe will actually guide them into 21st century football.
Michigan will be taking a major step backward and Hairball will be in San Diego next year. The new arrivals for the most part are better than what is already there. Any thoughts on what the Micheater ill gotten wins and beat downs on the other Big 10 school might have affected the other schools? It sure didn't help them.

Michigan will be taking a major step backward and Hairball will be in San Diego next year. The new arrivals for the most part are better than what is already there. Any thoughts on what the Micheater ill gotten wins and beat downs on the other Big 10 school might have affected the other schools? It sure didn't help them.
Tbh idk how anyone can say that the whole sign steaming scandal has much to do with their success after they beat Ohio State and Alabama after being caught.

Tbh idk how anyone can say that the whole sign steaming scandal has much to do with their success after they beat Ohio State and Alabama after being caught.
Did they crush either team? Ohio State made mistakes. Michigan didn't. I think Alabama beat themselves more than Michigan beat them. Michigan's most valuable player in that game is now a Buckeye. Would Michigan have the same team and be in the position they are in if they hadn't cheated? Did they get extra practices and games that they wouldn't have otherwise if they were playing on an even playing field? Is there any justification for what they did? Did they get and exploit an unfair advantage?

Did they crush either team? Ohio State made mistakes. Michigan didn't. I think Alabama beat themselves more than Michigan beat them. Michigan's most valuable player in that game is now a Buckeye. Would Michigan have the same team and be in the position they are in if they hadn't cheated? Did they get extra practices and games that they wouldn't have otherwise if they were playing on an even playing field? Is there any justification for what they did? Did they get and exploit an unfair advantage?
You’re overthinking this. Whether they crushed either team or not is irrelevant, all that matters is that they won. Also, if Michigan executes on special teams at all they win that game by 10 points in regulation. Their defense absolutely smothered Alabama

You're so jaded.

Apply your logic. You're a man, not an emotional girl

Who are the 5 highest ranked conferences right now? Should the Big 12 still be considered a power 5 conference? With their two flagship programs moving out the overall league has been downgraded. The PAC is no more. With some teams in the ACC seeking to bolt, would they still be a power conference? Play-offs criteria needs updated again. 8 team playoff makes much more sense. Top 8 teams with no automatic tie ins.
Will vary from year to year, but most likely will be top 4 from: ACC, B1G, Big12 and SEC, then the G5 rep.

Under that format in 2021, the top 4 would have been: Alabama, Michigan, Cincinnati and Baylor, with Utah being the 5th ranked. ACC was further down with Pitt being their rep.

Bama knew their only chance at the playoff was beating Georgia. Next year the conference championships won’t mean as much.
Would Bama have won against UGA. If not, Bowers would have had some time to heal and it would be hard for me to bet against UGA.
Would the committee have left FSU at 3 or 4, knowing that Texas and Bama would be in anyway?
Then again, the offensive ability of Washington, and the defensive ability of ttun might have gotten us to the same final 2.
Will the added number of playoff games cause player opt outs in those? If players are opting out of playing one extra game, will more opt out due to playing 3 or 4 extra games?

As far as tOSU, Day hasn’t proven he can win one big game, let alone 3 or 4 in a row. And it could be 6 in a row if they play ttun, then ttun in the BIG championship, then the CFP.
Just tween you, me and the lamppost. Me thinks that THAT is the LAST time MEECHIGAN is a thing in the playoffs. I don't ever see them making the final four again. NEXT SEASON, in order for them to do THAT, they'd hafta beat OSU again, Ala., UGA, MIZZOU, and Old Miss., and whatever other SEC team decides to make a fuss in regular season. AIN'T HAPPENING!!!

Just tween you, me and the lamppost. Me thinks that THAT is the LAST time MEECHIGAN is a thing in the playoffs. I don't ever see them making the final four again. NEXT SEASON, in order for them to do THAT, they'd hafta beat OSU again, Ala., UGA, MIZZOU, and Old Miss., and whatever other SEC team decides to make a fuss in regular season. AIN'T HAPPENING!!!
I’m not so sure more teams in the playoffs will make it more likely for the best team to win. Even the teams getting the byes will need to play three games to be champion or runner up. And those three games will be against some of the best athletes in college. All it takes is one key injury to change the outcome. As a fan of college football I’m looking forward to it, hoping for some good games. I think the rankings will be manipulated to prevent the SEC from having to travel to the Midwest if the first round games are hosted by the teams 5 thru 8. ESPN is a whore.

After Michigan's Natty, the pressure is off Ann Arbor being called this.
Lol. Some still will. But as I’ve aged I’ve been able to appreciate how special some accomplishments are. As a Buckeye fan I want tOSU to beat ttun 100 - 0 every year. I may not like some of the things reported about the team (scandals), but I can still appreciate the accomplishment.