How much do you pay attention to pre-season football games?

14Red

I'll admit I'm a sports talk geek and I listen to alot of sports talk. It's incredible to me how much time and effort is put into discussing pre season NFL games. For the most part, these NFL teams have their rosters set, outside of maybe 10-12 spots and theses are mostly backup/ special teams spots. The rookies you drafts, especially the first 4-5 guys are nearly automatic.
Teams play a very vanilla defense as they don't want to show anything, and teams run pretty simple plays. I think at some point you'll see the NFL do away with preseason games. The teams do more at the two team scrimmages they have.

May catch a few minutes here and there, but not much. I paid a lot more attention in the late 1960's because the games seemed more important - of course, I was just going on 10. And the the annual College All-Star game was usually interesting to watch.

It really does not seem to matter if you pay attention or not. In fact the results in pre season games does not seem to show or dictate anything as far as success or failure in the regular season. If you need example look back at the Browns a few years ago won all preseason and then how did they do in when it really counted?

It really does not seem to matter if you pay attention or not. In fact the results in pre season games does not seem to show or dictate anything as far as success or failure in the regular season. If you need example look back at the Browns a few years ago won all preseason and then how did they do in when it really counted?
Kinda like the NBA regular season. I got ALL EXCITED one season, when the usually pitiful ATL Hawks, actually took the regular season title in their division. And THEN, I came to the realization that the WHOLE DANG regular season is a scam to steal fans money. They are just playing hard enough to get into the playoffs.

I'll admit I'm a sports talk geek and I listen to alot of sports talk. It's incredible to me how much time and effort is put into discussing pre season NFL games. For the most part, these NFL teams have their rosters set, outside of maybe 10-12 spots and theses are mostly backup/ special teams spots. The rookies you drafts, especially the first 4-5 guys are nearly automatic.
Teams play a very vanilla defense as they don't want to show anything, and teams run pretty simple plays. I think at some point you'll see the NFL do away with preseason games. The teams do more at the two team scrimmages they have.
NO other level of football, HAS a preseason schedule.