Free Speech?

cjb5656

Very rarely do I find myself in agreement with liberal Jew Rep Nadler, but he’s right about this one. Violence against anyone, Jews included, is criminal and cannot be tolerated. Non-violent protests and rhetoric, though? Why do Jews get special favor? What about Catholics? Redheads? Left-handed midgets? Anyone else who doesn’t want to accept criticism?

This is a bad bill and it’s ironic it protects criticism of the very folks who invented the hate group/hate speech BS.

Jews have been able get these special protections because they contribute a disproportionate amount of the campaign funds to both parties, tend to have an extremely strong sense of ethnic identity and in-group preference compared to other groups, and are far better than other groups at political networking. No other lobby is as effective as they are.

It also doesn't hurt that many American Protestants today follow a dispensationalist theology that teaches that Israel is a "chosen nation" and Jews a "Chosen people" and that Christians have a special responsibility to "bless" Israel and Jews. Many Republican politicians such as Mike Johnson, Kristi Noem, Ted Cruz and Mike Pompeo fall into this category.

Jews have been able get these special protections because they contribute a disproportionate amount of the campaign funds to both parties, tend to have an extremely strong sense of ethnic identity and in-group preference compared to other groups, and are far better than other groups at political networking. No other lobby is as effective as they are.

It also doesn't hurt that many American Protestants today follow a dispensationalist theology that teaches that Israel is a "chosen nation" and Jews a "Chosen people" and that Christians have a special responsibility to "bless" Israel and Jews. Many Republican politicians such as Mike Johnson, Kristi Noem, Ted Cruz and Mike Pompeo fall into this category.
Correct on all counts.

Correct on all counts.
Not quite.

Bible-believing Christians do not believe in honoring Jews because they are dispensationalists, but because of the Abrahamic Covenant where Abe and his descendents thru Isaac were promised certain things and among them were "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you."

I was taught this by my parents at an early age and hold to it today. Covenants are hard for modern people to understand. We think more in terms of contracts. In a contract, you limit your responsibilities and and protect your rights. In a covenant, you give up all of your rights and take on your responsibilities. In a contract, a failure to perform an obligation results in the contract being broken. In a covenant, you keep your promises regardless of whether the other party keeps theirs. The God of the Bible is a covenant-keeper and will do what He has promised. The Jews have certainly not always been faithful to Him throughout history, but the covenant remains intact because God has been and always will be faithful to His promises to them.

This is not a "get out of jail free" card. Individual Jews are just as responsible to God and man for their choices and actions as everyone else and Israel is responsible for their actions as a nation. It doesn't mean you can't legitimately criticize Jews or Israel or oppose a specific act.

But what we have seen throughout history and in my lifetime is that there is a persistent hatred of these people and many factions who wish to do them harm, even eradicate them from the earth. Their existence and strength as a people is a testimony of God's faithfulness to them despite the threats they always face.

They are a special people. God did not make a covenant with my people - Scots/Irish/Welsh American hillbillies and promise us anything as a group. Lol. But he did to Isaac's descendants and we respect that. We carry that on because we believe the Bible and that God always does what he says He will do. So, we will always support Israel and the Jews' and Israel's existence, safety, and prosperity. FWIW

Last edited:
1714842718335.png

Jews on his right, Hamas on his left....a Slappy three-way. Free ice cream for anybody that votes for this conesucker.