Fitch/Jackson Federal League Tourney Games (boys & girls)

polar_purple

The BOYS Fitch/Jackson FL tourney quarterfinal at Jackson tonight has been postponed. The VARSITY ONLY portion of that game will be played tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7:30pm.

In addition, the GIRLS Fitch/Jackson FL tourney semifinal at Jackson, rescheduled for tomorrow has also been adjusted. The VARSITY ONLY portion of that game will be played tomorrow (Wednesday) at 6pm.

To reiterate: The JV portion of both matches has been scrapped. Tomorrow will now be a varsity only doubleheader.

In the event that tomorrow's games also get cancelled, they would move to Thursday night, again a varsity only doubleheader.

The BOYS Fitch/Jackson FL tourney quarterfinal at Jackson tonight has been postponed. The VARSITY ONLY portion of that game will be played tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7:30pm.

In addition, the GIRLS Fitch/Jackson FL tourney [U]semi[/U]final at Jackson, rescheduled for tomorrow has also been adjusted. The VARSITY ONLY portion of that game will be played tomorrow (Wednesday) at 6pm.

To reiterate: The JV portion of both matches has been scrapped. Tomorrow will now be a varsity only doubleheader.

In the event that tomorrow's games also get cancelled, they would move to Thursday night, again a varsity only doubleheader.

Is this really a semifinal? I could have sworn both teams lost their 1st round games. I thought they were playing a losers bracket game?:shrug:

Is this really a semifinal? I could have sworn both teams lost their 1st round games. I thought they were playing a losers bracket game?:shrug:

No - I erred. Thought I had corrected it everywhere.

Technically, in the varsity tourney, it's "first round, second round, third round".

In the frosh tourney - it's "quarterfinals, semifinals, finals".

My bad.

And for the record - this set of games has now been pushed to Thursday night.

FLT Round 2

On the girls side Jackson vs Austintown you are correct both teams lost in the 1st round. The winner of this game will play for 5th or 6th place in the FLT. The loser of this game will play for 7th or 8th place in the FLT.