Do you have any fears or phobias?

What is your biggest fear? Or someone or something that exists that you are truly frightful or scared of? Maybe are you afraid of yourself? Or family member? Or anyone you can think of? I think I do have arachnophobia myself. Any time see a spider or any large insect near me, those things to tend to scare me or make me feel uncomfortable?? But I don’t fear people or bullies or anything like that? What about you? What would you say scares you the most if had to pick something?

This sounds corny but...having lived thru the 70s, and attending Kent State during the protests, my view of the future is jaded. I remember teasing my children years ago that my only hope is that I'm not around to see how it all ends. My fear today is that I will be around to see how it all ends. I never thought I would witness the craziness thats happening today.

This doesn't seem even remotely the craziest in the last 200 years, not even here in America. Hell, we were a lot closer to becoming communist in the early 1900s weren't we? Assasinations were left and right. Riots were a regular things and the sky was all grey with industrial waste.

Perspective is, now kids and maybe grandkids. Who doesn't worry more about them than themselves? I can see why things may look bleaker but no-way is this the worst it's been.

This sounds corny but...having lived thru the 70s, and attending Kent State during the protests, my view of the future is jaded. I remember teasing my children years ago that my only hope is that I'm not around to see how it all ends. My fear today is that I will be around to see how it all ends. I never thought I would witness the craziness thats happening today.
Be SURE to tell all your friends and neighbors to vote COMMUNIST in 2024!

Heights, drowning, sometimes public speaking
After nearly 3/4 of a century, I FINALLY overcame my fear of public speaking, last year while I was speaking in a criminal court proceeding. I looked across the crowd of 300 plus, and suddenly realized that I couldn't care less what they thought about what I was going to say. EASY PEEEZY after that.

Drowning ain't so bad, unless you were in my situation, and was about to be in a sinking ship, 1000 miles from land, in shark infested waters. Except for the five miles that was beneath the ship. THANKFULLY, God was our copilot, and saved us from nearly capsizing in a typhoon in the Tazman Sea.

Last edited:
Following some health issues about five years ago, I developed a strange fear of having people over to the house, and suddenly not being able to be a good host. Happened again this weekend, had house packed full of family and friends and I got this odd fear that they were going to destroy the place and I would not be able to make the needed repairs. Strange, as such a thing has never actually happened, but when I was at my worst health wise, I became dependent on others to get things done and that has affected my fear of ability to host.

So what would you call this, socialphobia?

OK, now I'm embarrased to admit I was being serious, lol. It sounds like ptsd to me but I'm no expert.
I'm certainly not an expert on PTSD as well, but have a neighbor who was in Vietnam who says he has it. Seems like hyper anxiety gone wild. When I look at it from that angle, you may be correct.

Just asked the resident therapist here their opinion, said PTSD is generally required to have a past trauma component to it and intrusive memories that are relived over and over again. So mine would not qualify.

I think I just do not handle large groups of people intruding into my space very well, never have. Throw in loss of control over the entire crowd because the wife says anything I attempt to do to regain control is being a bad host, and the fear of the unknown takes over.