Divisional placements and Regional Assignments to be released today for Boys Hoops

Honest question, no snark.....do you think RH supporters are proud of their D4 state championships? I would think it is a little embarrassing acquiring great players, playing in the City of Palms and a great D1 schedule and then playing/winning the D4 state championship.
Embarrassing for who? The kids that are going to college for free to play the game they love?

Assuming they pass this move up to D1, how will this work then for the different Divisions? Let's assume two D2 teams move up and a D3 team. Will the D1 bracket now have 67 teams or will the bottom enrollment D1 schools move down to D2? Same with D2 Will they then have 62 teams instead of 64? If you move the bottom enrollment of D1 down, what if they don't want to move down? Same for D2, would they maybe move the top enrollment D3 schools up or just leave it as a 62 team division? Just curious on how Ohsaa plans to address this pending this passes.
D1 bracket will have 67. If the option passes, D1 can be added to but no teams will drop from D1 is what I was told.

Embarrassing for who? The kids that are going to college for free to play the game they love?
Nope, the coaches and administrators that built super teams.......to win a state championship in the smallest division in Ohio. This was a moot point up until this year because they could only play in D4. Now, presumably, they have a choice of what to do with their super team.

Would they force the top enrollment D3 teams to move up to D2 (assume 2 D2 went up to D1) or would they leave the D2 bracket at 62 teams then?
Nobody will be forced to move up a division. If you want to move up to the D1 they will just add to that bracket and subtract from the one you’re moving from

Nope, the coaches and administrators that built super teams.......to win a state championship in the smallest division in Ohio. This was a moot point up until this year because they could only play in D4. Now, presumably, they have a choice of what to do with their super team.
They built it to win titles.

They built it to win titles.
I agree, but their legacy in Ohio history will be they built a super team and chose to play in one of the lowest divisions instead of being they built a super team and (maybe) won a D1 state championship. Wouldn't you choose the latter? It shuts up everyone that complains about them.

I agree, but their legacy in Ohio history will be they built a super team and chose to play in one of the lowest divisions instead of being they built a super team and (maybe) won a D1 state championship. Wouldn't you choose the latter? It shuts up everyone that complains about them.
They/the coach probably don't even think that deep to be honest. Winning state titles will just help them get kids to keep winning state titles. My guess, and its just a guess, is that coach wants to surpass the "so called best coach" in Ohio and some view that as Joyce. So maybe thats his goal? If so, he isn't moving up.

They/the coach probably don't even think that deep to be honest. Winning state titles will just help them get kids to keep winning state titles. My guess, and its just a guess, is that coach wants to surpass the "so called best coach" in Ohio and some view that as Joyce. So maybe thats his goal? If so, he isn't moving up.
This may be totally outside the norm, but I have no idea what the coach's name is. I'm in SWO and know Joyce II/Flannery/Joyce III/Cato/Casey because they are well-respected coaches across the state. I've never heard anyone mention RH as a great coach

I would venture a guess that at least 90% of their fans have no idea how Divisions are made up and that a team can move up. Most probably don't care on top of that. Coach doesn't have to please the complainers just the locals.

I would venture a guess that at least 90% of their fans have no idea how Divisions are made up and that a team can move up. Most probably don't care on top of that. Coach doesn't have to please the complainers just the locals.
Coach doesn’t have to please anyone, lol. Nor does any other coach. And for the record, Rogers is well respected in basketball circles and by college coaches that recruit his student athletes. He’s also raising an excellent young man who’s a really good athlete in his own right, kid is going to have a great season at WR.

I somewhat disagree. The legacy will show they won consecutive titles. By the time it's there legacy nobody will care or few will remember how it happened. Same with all the others who have won titles over the last 40 years with athletes that did not attend the same school from elementary to graduation.

I somewhat disagree. The legacy will show they won consecutive titles. By the time it's there legacy nobody will care or few will remember how it happened. Same with all the others who have won titles over the last 40 years with athletes that did not attend the same school from elementary to graduation.
Can't speak for everyone but the way North College Hill and Deer Park are remembered in coaching circles here is not very positive, I guess time will tell if that changes

This may be totally outside the norm, but I have no idea what the coach's name is. I'm in SWO and know Joyce II/Flannery/Joyce III/Cato/Casey because they are well-respected coaches across the state. I've never heard anyone mention RH as a great coach
I meant the RH's coach may have aspirations of surpassing Joyce's number of state titles.

Can't speak for everyone but the way North College Hill and Deer Park are remembered in coaching circles here is not very positive, I guess time will tell if that changes
I was speaking more about across the state as in the OHSAA history books for multiple titles. Both of those schools were more of a local scandal and others areas of the state were not that vocal.

Joyce and Flannery have been accused for years of doing the same thing RH is doing but yet you feel they are respected.

Per the OHSAA:

The passage of Issue 1B now allows schools to request to move up to Division I on a sport-by-sport basis for the upcoming season in that sport. Schools will be sent a memo Thursday afternoon with details of the request process, which has a June 3 deadline for the upcoming fall and winter seasons. The deadline for 2025 spring sports will be set later. Once the OHSAA knows how many schools request to move up to Division I, the OHSAA will determine changes are needed to the previously announced divisional breakdowns and tournament representation.

"We are all interested to see how many schools request to move up to Division I," OHSAA Executive Director Doug Ute said. "With the expanded divisions in several sports, our goal is to have as close to 64 schools as possible in Divisions I and II, so we may have some adjusting to do in some sports if several Division II schools make the request to Division I. We know that June 3 is a quick turnaround for our schools, but we will need to know their plans quickly to make changes to divisional assignments and representation, if needed."

Joyce and Flannery have been accused for years of doing the same thing RH is doing but yet you feel they are respected.
Agree, but I think posts about the guys I mentioned plus Kremer, Cupps, Trice, Jay Minton (Wayne football), Mo Douglas (Springfield football) get fairly equal "they recruit" and "their great coaching attracts kids" responses. I've never heard anyone say the great coaching at RH attracts kids.

Agree, but I think posts about the guys I mentioned plus Kremer, Cupps, Trice, Jay Minton (Wayne football), Mo Douglas (Springfield football) get fairly equal "they recruit" and "their great coaching attracts kids" responses. I've never heard anyone say the great coaching at RH attracts kids.
You have now, tarblooder just said it.

Ha! I stand corrected. I will revise to say in general basketball circles around SWOH, I have never heard anyone talk about RH getting kids because of the amazing coaching.
That is understandable. I doubt many in Euclid heard or cared a lot about Deer Park over 5 years ago.