Danny Clark Transfers

What is your view of the Clark transfer

• Was the result of the dismissal of the former coach.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DB135

Based on the coach's concept of team and his family meeting with the Clarks it appears that he will move on soon without him if he isn't ready to make a commitment to the program by the time the coach is ready to start in March. The coach and program needs no distractions from developing as he has planned to. Good Luck and lets hope things go smoothly with no problems!

Clark has flaws in his game that a quarterback coach can correct and he will take advantage of the experience he gained in two above average years that could have been better with better talent surrounding him as well as better play calling and coaching. Everyone knows he'll show the benefit of the last two years in his and the team's performance the next two years. Hopefully, he'll finish his varsity career here as his father promised and not use our program as a stepping stone to be a standout elsewhere!

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G
Danny Clark 11 123.1 118-216-3 54.6 1519 8 66 138.1.

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net AvgTD Long Avg/G
Danny Clark 11 54 184 131 53 1.0 0 25 4

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G
Danny Clark 12 158.8 104-179-7 58.1 1644 17 86 137.0

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
Danny Clark 12 61 107 193 -86 -1.4 1 25 -7.2

Last edited:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...cQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNHIncjNsALMI6XxrH81j_n9cRrwIQ

A very questionable decision after gaining the experience of two years starting on the Division II level to leave for a downgrade in programs and leaving a top flight coaching staff!

Archbishop Hoban 2014 Football
8/28 H Firestone (1-9) [2:4] W 24-0
9/6 A Buchtel (6-4) [3:7] W 19-12
9/12 A Shaw (2-8) [2:3] W 42-6
9/19 H Barberton (3-7) [2:4] W 38-12
9/26 A St Vincent-St Mary (11-3) [3:7] L 27-33 3 ot
10/3 A Walsh Jesuit (7-4) [2:4] L 14-35
10/10 H Lake Catholic (3-7) [3:8] W 28-21
10/17 A Padua Franciscan (2-8) [3:8] W 27-14
10/24 H Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin (7-5) [4:11] L 24-28
10/31 H Benedictine (14-1) [4:11] L 7-35

From an unidentified teammate:

As a former team mate I can say he is not a "good" kid. He is in the sense that he stays out of trouble but he is a very self-centered individual, most of which has to do with the way he is raised in to thinking he is a God among men when he is merely and average quarterback

Last edited:
Massilon is the laughing stock of high school football now...I remember when they use to compete

Time to move on and allow those involved to see their mistakes the only way they apparently will, the hard way!

Unless he improves dramatically he will never start for a top five program. Having watched him since the eighth grade I can say he isn't the multi dimensional quarterback top Division I teams are looking for. He has mid-major ability.

People talk about athletes in the same context, regardless of what level they're on. Then you have boosters who can't accept the truth, that no program / athlete is perfect try to characterize that discussion, knowing its nature, as bashing a child (similar to describing it as if the person was as bad as a pedophile). People are objectively discussing sports and in the overwhelming majority of cases aren't personally attacking anyone!

I wish all the factors that made Massillon a legendary program still existed. The changes in the community that effects the program as well as those allowing other programs to thrive are obvious to the objective observer. Unfortunately, the vast majority of boosters refuse to face the real causes and solutions to the decline in the program which hit rock bottom in a humiliating playoff defeat recently. Until these people realize those offering REAL solutions to the problems causing the current state of the program aren't the enemy a solution isn't likely soon.

Boosting a program doesn't require blind loyality nor prohibit constructive criticism!

I don't think Clark gets by Joe Burrow, ever. Burrow is clearly better.

If a better kid is coming up behind Clark, he may regret his OSU tattoo.

They currently have 5*, #1 DT QB, #2 overall QB on campus for a visit. A teammate, DT, committed to OSU and is on campus along his former WR, a 5* who transferred back home to Cali, is also on campus.

Burrow won't get any playing time either though. Haskins is the real deal and will take over when JT is done in 2 years.

I think Barrett will be in next year's NFL draft. I don't see him playing 2 more at tOSU. He won't take a chance of another Urby QB season and risk a career-ender before some guaranteed NFL cheese. No way.

Haskins will redshirt, Burrow will start fall of '17.

Clark is like 19 at HS graduation in June '17. How old is he gonna be before he ever sees a snap in a Buckeye game if he redshirts ?

I just don't see JT as an NFL QB. Amazing college QB, just not an NFL QB. But I've been wrong before. Urban has said he wants to move to less option and running and more traditional pro offense for that exact reason (Braxton and JT going down with injuries).

We'll see, but OSU is in good hands for a long time at QB.

It's not like I followed Massillon or Hoban all that closely, but I just don't recall any of Clark's actual successes coming as part of anything that could be considered a really aggressive passing attack.

When he was really young, Massillon had a dominant line and JD Crabtree getting it done. When that bruising RB and a lot of the line graduated, Clark bolted for Hoban. Stout O-line, tOSU RB recruit in Sibley driving the offense. Clark kind of strikes me as a prototypical game manager. Huck one downfield now and then to keep 'em honest..... Is that unfair ?

One thing is sure; there will be a big jump from HS D2 and D3 defenses to what he might face at tOSU.

Tate Martell is currently committed to Texas A&M, so he won't be sitting behind him. :shrug:

Yes he is. However, as I am sure you are aware, these kids switch all the time.

The crystal balls have been rolling in for Tate to tOSU.

Like I mentioned earlier, it would be silly for Danny to not take officials elsewhere. Just because he has a tattoo of Ohio State does not mean he is signed in blood to tOSU (No pun intended)

Johnny Manziel has a longhorn tattoo on his chest and he went to A&M.