Comments by Badin's coach.....thoughts?

Doublehelix/ Jamar will you jump to D1 or will you leave for a college job or will you be fired for illegal recruiting?

Can we get someone smarter than me to give some odds?

Congrats to Purcell Marian. Badin's coach is a crybaby. He has always run the score up on low-level teams. Badin is a private school, just like Purcell. Badin gets girls who should be attending Talawanda, Hamilton, and or Ross. So, he needs to stop playing the victim. I hope Mosley and the Cavaliers keep baptizing them. Those Purcell Girls are a class act.

I didn't write the article, but the PM Principal hit the sociological part of this nail right on the head. He's 100% correct. There's obviously people with strong feelings about this in the Black community, and they should be pissed. This isn't a topic I brought - it's literally being reported in the news.

You're right, they've said the same things about the schools you mention, and in almost all of these situations, Black kids are the bullseye because people feel they are "stealing" success entitled to them. It's crap.

There is 100% an undertone of exactly what he's talking about in many suburban private schools in Cincinnati.

Everytime Elder loses to Moeller in any sport, it's nothing but "they recruit", "they cheat", "they don't do it the right way". This is just another example of the exact same thing from these predominantly White suburban schools who aren't keeping up with the changing landscape of high school sports and whining about how it's not fair. No one feels bad for the schools that have traditionally had every door opened for them and now have to actually change, adapt and get creative to get better.

Boo Hoo.
On this i will agree- the “these kids didn’t go to catholic schools” was the racially motivated part for me and really disgraceful. Has Sunderman ever been to a catholic grade school in Cincinnati? There are many racially diverse grade schools in the Cincinnati area- it is a point of pride in the archdiocese and he should be ashamed representing Badin that way.
A few years back a similar allegation was thrown out about Moeller- despite the fact that all but one of the black players on the roster had gone to catholic grade schools.it is truly wrong that’s it came from a coach at a Catholic high school this time. Deuce McBride who now plays in the NBA went to Cardinal paccelli and his parents also went to Catholic schools, yet was talked about as if he had been recruited to Moeller, total bs.

On this i will agree- the “these kids didn’t go to catholic schools” was the racially motivated part for me and really disgraceful. Has Sunderman ever been to a catholic grade school in Cincinnati? There are many racially diverse grade schools in the Cincinnati area- it is a point of pride in the archdiocese and he should be ashamed representing Badin that way.
A few years back a similar allegation was thrown out about Moeller- despite the fact that all but one of the black players on the roster had gone to catholic grade schools.it is truly wrong that’s it came from a coach at a Catholic high school this time. Deuce McBride who now plays in the NBA went to Cardinal paccelli and his parents also went to Catholic schools, yet was talked about as if he had been recruited to Moeller, total bs.
I can't speak for the guy, but I don't think he was saying that black players/students in general are not coming from Catholic grade schools. Of course, there are many diverse Catholic grade schools.

I took his comment to be specific about Purcell's team and related to the fact that many of Purcell's players left their public middle school to play basketball at Purcell. As you can see in this thread, people will argue if that's right or wrong all day, but it does seem to be true that many of Purcell's players didn't come from "their district". That is obviously true of more schools than just Purcell.

Either way, he should have kept his comments to himself and just taken the loss.

For sure.

I can't tell you how many people I've heard over the years just continue to say the same thing. It comes up EVERY year, and it hasn't been a rule for like 15 years now. It's so odd, I've never seen anything like it. This private/public debate is fueled by nothing but nostalgia and opportunity hoarding.

It is literally a tug of war based on racial differences.

Last edited:
I can't speak for the guy, but I don't think he was saying that black players/students in general are not coming from Catholic grade schools. Of course, there are many diverse Catholic grade schools.

I took his comment to be specific about Purcell's team and related to the fact that many of Purcell's players left their public middle school to play basketball at Purcell. As you can see in this thread, people will argue if that's right or wrong all day, but it does seem to be true that many of Purcell's players didn't come from "their district". That is obviously true of more schools than just Purcell.

Either way, he should have kept his comments to himself and just taken the loss.
And so what if they did?

Again, why is this such an issue so many years later after the rules changed to allow it? Seriously, someone explain to me why this is still such a big topic in Cincinnati?

What is the big deal if a public school kid goes to Moeller? How is that any different from a Catholic kid picking Moeller or a Catholic kid picking Oak Hills?

All it does is perpetuate the continued division of different types of people in Cincinnati. I honestly can't believe, in 2024, there are still schools that literally still only go after kids that are just like them. If you have lived outside of Cincinnati, you know this is very, very archaic.

From the beginning, I've said all of this is rooted in opportunity hoarding. People allow this thought process to continue to live because it ensures opportunity is kept for a certain type of kid. It's literally the essence of systemic discrimination and either 1) people don't have a clue or 2) just deny it knowing it's almost impossible to prove.

What's worse is that the people that say others are cheating are really the people in the wrong for continuing to let this narrative remain prevalent in the thinking of their respective school cultures. It's not normal if you've ever lived anywhere else.

Last edited:
Private schools - become more open to diverse opportunity or take a step back. That's what this comes down to.

Moeller has embraced it and is thriving. Same with St Eds. St X is the best academic school in Cincinnati because of it. Roger Bacon has done a complete 180. You are only holding yourself back. I know it's almost impossible for people to fathom in this town, but diverse perspectives will expand your success in many ways.

And it has nothing to do with sports.

Doublehelix/ Jamar will you jump to D1 or will you leave for a college job or will you be fired for illegal recruiting?

Can we get someone smarter than me to give some odds?
No way Trey Jamar! Jamar actually has some class and would never piss and moan the way Trey does. Catholic Schools especially inside the City have and always will be diverse. Part of their mission just like helping illegals is part of their mission.

No way Trey Jamar! Jamar actually has some class and would never piss and moan the way Trey does. Catholic Schools especially inside the City have and always will be diverse. Part of their mission just like helping illegals is part of their mission.
Schools like Elder have been doing things the EXACT same way for a long time. There is ZERO diversity of thought and opinion, as nothing ever changes, and barely much better from a demographic perspective. They don't want to change and adapt. People affiliated with it are scared to death of what diversity and inclusion might bring, because they know it will mean less opportunity for them and theirs.

The whole community outside of Elder knows this. The Elder guys know it too, but they deny it to preserve the gravy train. I'd love to see how that community reacted if an outsider was put in control. It would be hilarious.

Private schools - become more open to diverse opportunity or take a step back. That's what this comes down to.

Moeller has embraced it and is thriving. Same with St Eds. St X is the best academic school in Cincinnati because of it. Roger Bacon has done a complete 180. You are only holding yourself back. I know it's almost impossible for people to fathom in this town, but diverse perspectives will expand your success in many ways.

And it has nothing to do with sports.
Diversity is the new meritocracy I guess.

If OHSAA schools pass the proposal to allow schools to play up to D-1....PM better be at the front the line.
They will never play a division 1 team unless they went 3-7 or worst the year before because they will get beat. playing against division 3/4 teams compared to division 1 is night and day, they would have no chance

Anyone who thinks that PM wouldn't compete at the highest levels of D1 with the team they've had the last couple years either doesn't know basketball or just blinded by hate.
They will never play a division 1 team unless they went 3-7 or worst the year before because they will get beat. playing against division 3/4 teams compared to division 1 is night and day, they would have no chance

Anyone who thinks that PM wouldn't compete at the highest levels of D1 with the team they've had the last couple years either doesn't know basketball or just blinded by hate.
You are completey right. Falcattack obviously does not watch basketball. PM running clocked every team in the D2 Tournament.

PM beat Springboro and lost to Pick Central by 1.

Both of those teams went to State.

What are you saying?

They have a top 5 recruit in the 2025 class, with a lot of other good players. Just this year they beat Beavercreek, Springboro, Cooper (KY), Anthony Wayne, & Magnificat.

I was just about to say the same thing, some of these people are so damn ignorant or just haters at best…

Sunderman get any real consequences from his comments? PM Principal get any consequences for his comments and defaming Coach Sunderman? Typical AoC this stuff always disappears and dies?