Colerain hoop coaching change

CardinalsFan

Don't know if anyone saw this or not, but I wanted to pass it along.

Colerain boys' basketball coach Rex Brooking is stepping down, as he will move into administration as an assistant principal. Colerain was 6-15 in Brooking's one season as head coach.

The school is taking applications to replace Brooking. Contact incoming AD Dan Bolden, 741-5028 or boldda@nwlsd.org. (Current AD Dan Moody is retiring effective July 31).

Thoughts?
Comments?
Possible replacements?

-CardinalsFan

Also, interestingly enough, this was also in the enquirer blog...

Minor leaves Finneytown

Finneytown boys' basketball coach Shannon Minor has resigned, AD Chuck Grosser says. Finneytown went 25-18 in Minor's two seasons, including 11-10 this past season.

Grosser said Minor is leaving of his own volition. "He did an excellent job," Grosser said.

No word just yet on where Minor is headed.

I think I might know where Mr. Minor is headed!!

:party:

-CardinalsFan

Shannon would be great for Colerain. I know Paul White is interested in the job.

Perhaps the two of them could be head and assistant coach.

Also, I like the work done by JV coach E.J. Englecamp.

Also, interestingly enough, this was also in the enquirer blog...

Minor leaves Finneytown

Finneytown boys' basketball coach Shannon Minor has resigned, AD Chuck Grosser says. Finneytown went 25-18 in Minor's two seasons, including 11-10 this past season.

Grosser said Minor is leaving of his own volition. "He did an excellent job," Grosser said.

No word just yet on where Minor is headed.

I think I might know where Mr. Minor is headed!!

:party:

-CardinalsFan

I wouldn't get so excited. :Ohno:

Looks like Colerain is going to Hire Kevin Higgins for the new bball coach. Yet again another mistake. How long will he last? They just dont get it up there. There theory is if a teaching position is open and the candidate is solid then lets give him the job. Not lets hire the best coach and find or create a teaching job like most top rated schools do.

Here is what I know, and he has not been hired officially.

He was at Aiken for a couple of years and had a so so record. Was let go at Aiken last year and was Hired as the Coach at West Hi. His record this year was not very good like 3-4 wins. So this would be his 3rd job in 3 years. I hear he applies for many jobs every year. This would be a lame hire for Colerain. This is not a quick fix job, they need someone who will care for the program and the kids. I just dont see it happening.

He was at Aiken for a couple of years and had a so so record. Was let go at Aiken last year and was Hired as the Coach at West Hi. His record this year was not very good like 3-4 wins. So this would be his 3rd job in 3 years. I hear he applies for many jobs every year. This would be a lame hire for Colerain. This is not a quick fix job, they need someone who will care for the program and the kids. I just dont see it happening.

All I can say is...WOW!:rolleyes:

This doesn't sound good.:help:

It doesn't matter who they hire. It will never be a basketball school.
I don't think any of us are saying that we have to be a basketball school, so to speak, but there is no reason we can't be at least competitive in the GMC.

For God sakes, we 've won like 6 or 7 games in TWO FREAKING YEARS! That's ridiculous given the amount of athletic talent walking the halls.

No reason we can't consistently win 12+ games a year and maybe compete for a GMC title every now and then.

-CardinalsFan

I agree with that. But all the athletes are focusing on football. We need guys who will stay committed to basketball and only basketball. St. Xavier had Johnny Wolf, NCH had Mayo and Walker, LaSalle has Danny Mac, etc...until we get some basketball only talent, our athletes will always put football above anything else.

I don't think any of us are saying that we have to be a basketball school, so to speak, but there is no reason we can't be at least competitive in the GMC.

For God sakes, we 've won like 6 or 7 games in TWO FREAKING YEARS! That's ridiculous given the amount of athletic talent walking the halls.

No reason we can't consistently win 12+ games a year and maybe compete for a GMC title every now and then.

-CardinalsFan

Oak Hills says the same thing about their football. :p

So does LaSalle ;)

I don't disagree with you there. But lets look at some ohsaa numbers:

Oak Hills - 1169
Colerain - 927
La Salle - 581

(These are boys enrollment top three grades only)

The numbers don't favor La Salle in football, thats for sure. But its a little easier in basketball; two very good players can make a big difference.

I don't disagree with you there. But lets look at some ohsaa numbers:

Oak Hills - 1169
Colerain - 927
La Salle - 581

(These are boys enrollment top three grades only)

The numbers don't favor La Salle in football, thats for sure. But its a little easier in basketball; two very good players can make a big difference.

I agree with you. I was just giving you a hard time :thumb:

Leroy..
All Kevin did for the Cards was win 2 District championships in a "football school"....So..theres that..