Centerville 30, Mason 7

Can't say a whole lot! The Comets had plenty of opportunities on offense in both the Trotwood and Centerville games. They move the ball then give up a turnover or run a short route to miss a first down, bad pass, dropped pass, or try a run up the middle into a wall of defenders. There's really not a consistent running or passing game. I really can't pin point where exactly the problem lies because I see mistakes with the QB, RB's, OL, WR's, and play execution.

The real gage will be starting this Friday against Gahanna. You have to remember we just played the top ranked D2 team in Ohio week 1 and the top ranked D1 team from the Dayton area this past week. Call me crazy but I believe we had the chance throughout both games to bring it down to the wire and possibly even win those games. It was either we didn't capitalize on our opponents mistakes or our opponents capitalized on ours; really both happened in each game.

Hopefully playing those two teams will help the Comets play better football starting this week against teams that we are more likely to beat.

Oh yeah, what is going on with box scores, statistics, incorrect rooster, etc.
Friday the Centerville guy in the booth kept calling players numbers and announcing the wrong names. I recall at least three names called that didn't even step on the field Friday night. The box scores/stats are incorrect from last week and haven't been posted yet this week. Statistician, Step Up!!
I just looked again and there are some stats that have been recently updated but again, they are still incorrect.!!

The Mason Football site is nice looking site but has a lot of bad links, seems to be outdated, and behind what's going on. It's a surprise because last year in was kept current most of the time.

Anyway, I don't think those things would be as noticeable if we start getting some W's. LOL!

Go Comets!!!

Last edited:
Can't say a whole lot! The Comets had plenty of opportunities on offense in both the Trotwood and Centerville games. They move the ball then give up a turnover or run a short route to miss a first down, bad pass, dropped pass, or try a run up the middle into a wall of defenders. There's really not a consistent running or passing game. I really can't pin point where exactly the problem lies because I see mistakes with the QB, RB's, OL, WR's, and play execution.

The real gage will be starting this Friday against Gahanna. You have to remember we just played the top ranked D2 team in Ohio week 1 and the top ranked D1 team from the Dayton area this past week. Call me crazy but I believe we had the chance throughout both games to bring it down to the wire and possibly even win those games. It was either we didn't capitalize on our opponents mistakes or our opponents capitalized on ours; really both happened in each game.

Hopefully playing those two teams will help the Comets play better football starting this week against teams that we are more likely to beat.

Oh yeah, what is going on with box scores, statistics, incorrect rooster, etc.
Friday the Centerville guy in the booth kept calling players numbers and announcing the wrong names. I recall at least three names called that didn't even step on the field Friday night. The box scores/stats are incorrect from last week and haven't been posted yet this week. Statistician, Step Up!!
I just looked again and there are some stats that have been recently updated but again, they are still incorrect.!!

The Mason Football site is nice looking site but has a lot of bad links, seems to be outdated, and behind what's going on. It's a surprise because last year in was kept current most of the time.

Anyway, I don't think those things would be as noticeable if we start getting some W's. LOL!

Go Comets!!!

As for the names announced over the PA. Who cares!

(3)

As for the names announced over the PA. Who cares!

(3)

You probably have never played High School sports before and I wouldn't be surprised that you don't even attend the games.
I would think any player would like to hear their name called when making a play and when someone else is getting credit for something you've worked hard to accomplish then it adds insult to injury.

You might not care, but I'm sure players, fans, parents, friends, and anyone else watching the game would like to know who did what. That's why they announce in the first place. :dang: