CBS is so bad they screw up Billy Joel concert..

Thavoice

Anyone watch that train wreck last night?
It was billed Billy Joel Live, 100th show at MSG.

He plays there once a month for 10 yrs now.

1. Starts 30 min late due to some golf thing earlier.
No big deal really.
2. They change his setlist from what he really played. As if CBS exec can build a better setlist than Billy Joel who has been doing it for decades.
Stupid....but OK...maybe they wanted to have Piano Man as the last song. Ok. I get that.

3. Unacceptable was they cut out a few of his biggest hits he has ever had and kept in fluff/album tracks.....AND THEY CUT OFF THE LAST MINUTE OR SO OF PIANO MAN TO END THE TELECAST.

Seriously.. how out of touch can they be?

CBS could mess up a wet dream.

Not everybody missed it:

But while viewers in places like Tampa, Cincinnati and Chicago were robbed of the climactic end to “Billy Joel: The 100th - Live at Madison Square Garden,” people in Cleveland only missed about a second of the broadcast. “CBS made a technical mistake that sent programming to local affiliates early,” a spokesperson at WOIO Cleveland 19, the local CBS affiliate, said in an email. “The WOIO master control operator here in Cleveland immediately saw the error and returned our local audience to the concert. The interruption only lasted about one second here in the Cleveland market.”

The snafu was seemingly triggered by the Masters, which ran over its allotted time, causing the concert to start later than its originally scheduled time at 9 p.m. CBS will re-air the special, which was taped in late March, on Friday, April 19 at 9 p.m. It can also be streamed now on Paramount+.

Not everybody missed it:

But while viewers in places like Tampa, Cincinnati and Chicago were robbed of the climactic end to “Billy Joel: The 100th - Live at Madison Square Garden,” people in Cleveland only missed about a second of the broadcast. “CBS made a technical mistake that sent programming to local affiliates early,” a spokesperson at WOIO Cleveland 19, the local CBS affiliate, said in an email. “The WOIO master control operator here in Cleveland immediately saw the error and returned our local audience to the concert. The interruption only lasted about one second here in the Cleveland market.”

The snafu was seemingly triggered by the Masters, which ran over its allotted time, causing the concert to start later than its originally scheduled time at 9 p.m. CBS will re-air the special, which was taped in late March, on Friday, April 19 at 9 p.m. It can also be streamed now on Paramount+.
I know the dayton and columbus missed it as I flipped to both.
Still does not excuse taking out a couple of his greatest hits...2 of which were in his encore.
What a disaster

I saw they are replacing the show again.
To be honest...unless they would replay a it shlukd have been I wont bother to watch again.
They cut short piano man by 2 min the article states and..

..the original setlist, the “Piano Man” singalong marked the last song before the hit-filled encore featuring “We Didn’t Start the Fire,” “Uptown Girl,” “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me,” and “Big Shot.” In the broadcast, the order was shifted around to close with “Piano Man,” and only “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me” made the final cut.

So..in this billy joel concert they cut out.....We didn't start the fire, uptown girl and big shot.....

CBS.....wtf. seriously.

Ok... technical error cut some of piano man but to not play those songs.....someone needs reassigned because that is just uncalled for wnd shows they have zero clue. Zero.

Shades of " Heidi."

I actually remember watching the Heidi game with my family. Or at least I think I remember. False memories are fairly common. As an aside, my brother, two years older than me, often has different memories of the same event in our past. It's actually quite interesting. I swear that I am right and he swears that he is. We will never know.

Anyone watch that train wreck last night?
It was billed Billy Joel Live, 100th show at MSG.

He plays there once a month for 10 yrs now.

1. Starts 30 min late due to some golf thing earlier.
No big deal really.
2. They change his setlist from what he really played. As if CBS exec can build a better setlist than Billy Joel who has been doing it for decades.
Stupid....but OK...maybe they wanted to have Piano Man as the last song. Ok. I get that.

3. Unacceptable was they cut out a few of his biggest hits he has ever had and kept in fluff/album tracks.....AND THEY CUT OFF THE LAST MINUTE OR SO OF PIANO MAN TO END THE TELECAST.

Seriously.. how out of touch can they be?

CBS could mess up a wet dream.
Did he play “Captain Jack”?

To be honest...unless they would replay a it shlukd have been I wont bother to watch again.
They cut short piano man by 2 min the article states and..

..the original setlist, the “Piano Man” singalong marked the last song before the hit-filled encore featuring “We Didn’t Start the Fire,” “Uptown Girl,” “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me,” and “Big Shot.” In the broadcast, the order was shifted around to close with “Piano Man,” and only “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me” made the final cut.

So..in this billy joel concert they cut out.....We didn't start the fire, uptown girl and big shot.....

CBS.....wtf. seriously.

Ok... technical error cut some of piano man but to not play those songs.....someone needs reassigned because that is just uncalled for wnd shows they have zero clue. Zero.
Billy Joel Live!...taped broadcast lol.

How do you air a Billy Joel concert and not show We Didn't Start the Fire...almost as egregious as cutting off Piano Man.

Still believe they won't show We Didn't Start the fire, uptown girl or big shot.

Only new is the ending of piano man they cut iff.
When I saw him last summer he played for 2 plus hours. With commercials CBS would have to air it for 3 hours (or more) to get most of that set list in. And they aren't going to do that.

When I saw him last summer he played for 2 plus hours. With commercials CBS would have to air it for 3 hours (or more) to get most of that set list in. And they aren't going to do that.
Obviously.
But to cut out a few of his biggest hits?
Plenty of other songs shoulda been cut .
CBS is a joke

1) It was a stupid mistake on their part
2) They rectified cutting it early by replaying it
3) If it’s that upsetting, several Billy Joel concerts are available in their entirety on YouTube

Obviously.
But to cut out a few of his biggest hits?
Plenty of other songs shoulda been cut .
CBS is a joke
CBS might be a joke but I would think Billy had a hand in the setlist shown on TV too. I think Vienna is a personal favorite of his for example but is not as popular....but it made the show.