Bronny James Cardiac Arrest

clarkgriswold

If I was Lebron, I'd give up my dream of playing in the NBA with my son, regardless of his prognosis. Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis would be enough of an example for me. Prayers for the kid.

I hate to hear news like this. It’s not good. If I have to find a silver lining for Bronny it’s not having to face the ridiculous pressure on him from so many sides to be an elite basketball player because of his dad’s greatness. He has no worries about money. He has another chance to make his mark in life in another field. But on the bad side, hoops runs deep in his blood and he may now not have the chance to reach his goals and live his dream. I hope he fully recovers and leads a long productive and happy life.

My heart goes out to LeBron and the family. It's way too early to speculate what's going to happen. There are more athletes than we know that's had similar issues and have been able to return to action with no repercussions. We'll let the medical people decide and obviously with LeBron's status, they'll have the best of the best. I just can't imagine being an 18 year old and being told you can't do something anymore. Thank goodness for the medical staff available and their quick work.

For what it's worth, he's the second USC player in two years to have cardiac arrest during a summer practice. Last year, it happened to Vincent Iwuchukwu. Iwuchukwu was able to play later in the season last year, so I suppose there's no reason to believe that Bronny's career is necessarily over.

Bronny played his first game back with USC today.
Happy for the kid, he's got enormous pressure on him, just hope he can enjoy the moments. And are you referring to the block in the finals that was a goaltend that wasn't called??? :cool:

THEY LOST!

How bout The Beach! Wins against Depaul, Michigan, and now SC with the King front row!

Yea, funny how that detail was left out.
We all realize that you hate LeBron for some reason, but how about just being happy for his kid being able to play again. That is the story. USC lost, so what? No one on this thread cares about that part of the story.

We all realize that you hate LeBron for some reason, but how about just being happy for his kid being able to play again. That is the story. USC lost, so what? No one on this thread cares about that part of the story.
Apparently oxat622 cares about that part of the story, they brought it up.