Best High School Coaches

Mason Coach runs a good program but his game day management is suspect. Held at Moeller runs a good program and is a fine game day coach but Moeller also pays for some really good assistant coaches. I think that is helpful. Elder's coach is strong but he is constrained by the level of talent walking the halls and I am afraid times might be tough down there in the west end in the near future.

Trent Dues- Vandalia Butler 600 and wins and still “young” relatively to being able to retire as a teacher I think 65 now so he might do it for another 10ish years.
Bad game management, over coaches but has the largest recruiting budget for a public school in the area. Plus, it doesn't hurt playing 75% of your games against the MVL.

Bad game management, over coaches but has the largest recruiting budget for a public school in the area. Plus, it doesn't hurt playing 75% of your games against the MVL.
One of the smallest D1 schools in the state and always schedules the big Cincy schools every year, even though their league isn’t very good, to get tournament ready. They make a solid run every year. Just don’t have the horses to compete with the big boys. He’s a very good coach.

One of the smallest D1 schools in the state and always schedules the big Cincy schools every year, even though their league isn’t very good, to get tournament ready. They make a solid run every year. Just don’t have the horses to compete with the big boys. He’s a very good coach.
I think Coach Dues does a great job but I see only one GCL South school and zero GMC schools on that schedule in the past 4 years. I have no idea of the caliber of teams they play in the south.

Ryan Alexander (Grove City) has consistently produced good results and has built an amazing program.
Dan Morgan (New Lexington) has developed a solid small school program that has won two straight league titles. NL had won only three total league titles in the previous 70, or so years.

I think Coach Dues does a great job but I see only one GCL South school and zero GMC schools on that schedule in the past 4 years. I have no idea of the caliber of teams they play in the south.
That may be true the past 4 years because of their new league they don’t have as many non conference games to schedule. I know when in the GWOC they would play Moeller and Elder and more south teams like Lebanon, possibly Mason and Lakota East. It’s been a while so I don’t remember the schools outside of the GCL for sure.