Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Patrick Henry

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Swanton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wauseon

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
I still don’t get Vicars move. Everywhere he’s won he’s had teams loaded with talent. That’s not the case at Delta…no Nate Kmet, no Gunnar Oakes on the horizon.
To be fair, they do have a couple of incoming freshmen this year (Nagel and Taylor) who were JH all-star running backs. The problem is that unlike JH where you can win with stud backs and no line, in high school you better have a line. If you don't have a line your running backs are dead on arrival. They have no line to speak of.

To be fair, they do have a couple of incoming freshmen this year (Nagel and Taylor) who were JH all-star running backs. The problem is that unlike JH where you can win with stud backs and no line, in high school you better have a line. If you don't have a line your running backs are dead on arrival. They have no line to speak of.
That is true , Nagel and Taylor were in good jr.high and their jr.high team went undefeated both years. The problem is Libertys incoming senior class went undefeated in jr.high both years , the incoming junior class went undefeated in jr.high both years, the incoming sophomore class has never lost a game , both years in jr.high or this past freshman season. Liberty is about to roll into some amazing years. Two jr.high studs at delta won't compete with that talent.

I still don’t get Vicars move. Everywhere he’s won he’s had teams loaded with talent. That’s not the case at Delta…no Nate Kmet, no Gunnar Oakes on the horizon.
A few thoughts...his last coaching stint at Bedford didn't end how he wanted. His second coaching stint at Delta didn't end how he wanted. He had been coaching since he graduated high school, a few years of retirement with lots of fishing and family I'm sure were needed but he is still relatively young for someone who coached almost 4 decades. He can step into a situation where his general system is already installed and he can just coach without having the extra responsibilities of being an administrator.

A few thoughts...his last coaching stint at Bedford didn't end how he wanted. His second coaching stint at Delta didn't end how he wanted. He had been coaching since he graduated high school, a few years of retirement with lots of fishing and family I'm sure were needed but he is still relatively young for someone who coached almost 4 decades. He can step into a situation where his general system is already installed and he can just coach without having the extra responsibilities of being an administrator.
Regardless, his track record for the past 40 years is to be at a place for 3-4 years then move on. That's not going to change. He will be at Delta for 3-4 years then bolt. You don't change a leopard's spots. It's who he is.

Then the people in Delta will be left scratching their heads, wondering what to do next.

Regardless, his track record for the past 40 years is to be at a place for 3-4 years then move on. That's not going to change. He will be at Delta for 3-4 years then bolt. You don't change a leopard's spots. It's who he is.

Then the people in Delta will be left scratching their heads, wondering what to do next.

Ada 6 years
Delta 8 years
Genoa 5 years
Swanton 3 years

Holgate 2 years
Delta (round 2) 1 year
Bedford 1 year

If Delta gets him for 3-4 years, which he has only done once in career, and wins a league title or two or rack up some playoff wins each year - I'd imagine the Panther community would be ecstatic. Being the smallest D5 will be tough but if CB numbers change and they go to D6...I could see them having a lot of postseason success.

The record was 24 set by Liberty Center from 99-2002 but PH shattered that record directly after it was set during the Marc Krauss era. Not sure what they got it up to.

LC hasn't lost since week 5 2021 at Archbold.

The record was 24 set by Liberty Center from 99-2002 but PH shattered that record directly after it was set during the Marc Krauss era. Not sure what they got it up to.

What about losses? Swanton hasn’t won since week 8 2019 vs Delta

Ada 6 years
Delta 8 years
Genoa 5 years
Swanton 3 years

Holgate 2 years
Delta (round 2) 1 year
Bedford 1 year

If Delta gets him for 3-4 years, which he has only done once in career, and wins a league title or two or rack up some playoff wins each year - I'd imagine the Panther community would be ecstatic. Being the smallest D5 will be tough but if CB numbers change and they go to D6...I could see them having a lot of postseason success.
At least they get to stay out of D4 with that Glenville nonsense. I genuinely feel bad for Napoleon and Wauseon who have to deal with that crap in their region, essentially a team on par with Massillon at the D2 level playing down in Region 14.

So LC is currently at 19 league wins in a row.