2023 Football Opponent Results

Could Elder have called a timeout to get him back in the game? Not sure if the timeout would be worth it in that scenario but I wasn't sure if that was an option.

Could Elder have called a timeout to get him back in the game? Not sure if the timeout would be worth it in that scenario but I wasn't sure if that was an option.
Yes, but that would’ve left them with one TO in the 2nd half. I understand kicking the PAT under those circumstances

Week 5:
Pick North remains perfect on the season with a win over winless Reynoldsburg 42-21
Neumann & Goretti plays against Lansdale Catholic on Saturday
Springboro lost to Kettering Fairmont 17-7 to fall to 1-4.
St. Edward lost to undefeated Washington HS of Massillon, OH 15-13 for the Eagles first loss of the 2023 campaign
Elder beat Louisville St. Xavier 31-21.
Moeller got their second win of the year 20-10 over St. Xavier.
According to MaxPreps Life Christian Academy lost 28-20 to St. Frances Academy on Thursday night. JoeEitel.com has the game listed as being scheduled for tonight.
Bishop Chatard defeated Columbus North (IN) 28-3 to improve to 5-0
La Salle was victorious over Canisius (NY) 30-13.

In other scores of interest:
  • Lakota West beat Colerain 38-7
  • Oak Hills got their second win of the year with a 27-21 win over Sycamore. That's Oak Hills first win over a team with a winning record since 2018.
  • Princeton stayed unbeaten with a win over Hamilton
  • Region 4 #1 ranked Milford and head coach Tom Grippa beat Kings 40-21. The next two weeks the Eagles face winless Little Miami and winless Walnut Hills before a battle of the currently unbeatens against Winton Woods.
  • The Western Hills Mustangs got their first win of the season over 0-5 Northwest. Northwest Local could combine their two high schools and still not have a win. (At least they're not paying either of their coaches anywhere close to what Lakota East is probably paying Jon Kitna to lose every time the Thunderhawks take the field.)

In other scores of interest:
  • Princeton stayed unbeaten with a win over Hamilton
Barely. Princeton threw a TD pass with 12 second left to go ahead 20-16, then got thr 2-point play. So begs the question is Hamilton for real? Or is the GMC just not any good this year?

Barely. Princeton threw a TD pass with 12 second left to go ahead 20-16, then got thr 2-point play. So begs the question is Hamilton for real? Or is the GMC just not any good this year?
I don't think anybody in SW Ohio is all that good this year. But the GMC is especially down.

I just checked JoeEitel.com again and they no longer have a game listed for this week.
I was wondering what happened to their game. It reduced our Level 2 divisor. It sort of scares me that they will show up in October. I like having the game for the expereince of going to The Pit. Currently our minimum score is 5.7561. If we don't play that game the minimum score goes up to 6.186047. It goes up 0.430003. So it comes down to, do we want a game or maybe a higher seed.

I have a thing I call the trifecta. To get it Elder has to win and X and Colerain have to lose on the same night. The last time that happened was October 3, 2008. Elder beat Moeller 28-14. LaSalle beat X 10-7, and Middletown bat Colerain 39-42.

I was wondering what happened to their game. It reduced our Level 2 divisor. It sort of scares me that they will show up in October. I like having the game for the expereince of going to The Pit. Currently our minimum score is 5.7561. If we don't play that game the minimum score goes up to 6.186047. It goes up 0.430003. So it comes down to, do we want a game or maybe a higher seed.
Higher seed. Plus, this team probably has no clue how to play football correctly. Why risk injury?

A few final results from the last Ohio team standing Elder played and 3 out of state finishes.

St. Edward defeated Springfield 31-21 to win the Ohio Division 1 State Championship.
Bishop Chatard defeated Heritage Hills 35-7 to win the Indiana 3A State Championship.
Louisiville St. Xavier lost to Trinity 38-14 in the State round of 16. Trinity is in the 6A championship game today.
Neumann-Goretti lost to Scranton Prep 23-16 in the State round of 16 Pennsylvania 3A bracket.