2011 Solon Comet Lacrosse

Hurri-Comet

The season came up on me out of nowhere, I have to admit I really miss the schedules that used to come out in the fall, winter and spring for Solon boys and girls sports. Anyway;

Solon won their 1st, Solon 15, University School 8

Scoring DiCarro 4, Tres Barksdale 3, Littman 2, Smith 2, Drew Barkdale 2, Perrino and Heffernan i each. LePorte had (6 saves) for US Marshall had (12 saves)

Solon (1-0) University School (0-1) Please contact me by PM if you have schedules and/or Rosters. Thank you Comets. :cool:

Meta, All Lacrosse schedules are available on highschoolsports.net.

Today they were beating Walsh 15-6 at halftime. Not sure of the final.

I've got info from Canton Repository newspaper, can't be sure of authenticity.
Played yesterday, April 15
North Canton Hoover-13
Solon-12

half time 6-5 Hoover

Goals: DiCarro-3
Marcantonio-2
Littman-2
Barksdale-2
Humphrey-2
Perrino-1

North Canton Hoover 5-0
Solon 2-2

Solon beat St. Edward 13-8 yesterday at Solon. I don't have stats, but I am pretty sure Solon Hosts Hudson tomorrow. Chris Humphrey will be in Columbus practicing for the Ohio North-South All- Star Classic Football game being played Friday @ Ohio State.

Big match tomorrow vs. the Explorer's.

Solon -13 Hudson -12 Double OT

"Hudson falls from the unbeaten by a Solon team that just came out firing right from the start. Hudson started out flat and climbed back in, but Solon deserves credit for out-hustling Hudson, and winning face offs all night,...pesky defense, and great team speed." "Hudson had gone up by 3 late but Solon refused to be denied and tied it up to force overtime. A great win for Solon, maybe the first win over Hudson ever."

"Hats off to Solon"! (posted by Impact on the Yappi Lacrosse Forum, Thursday night @ 9:30 PM)

Just hope it's true and not an Explorer ruse. :cool:

If anyone can confirm, please post here, and give stats if you can.

OK I just went to Lax and got the skivy.

Solon's record so far : University School W 15-8
Walsh Jesuit W 16-9
Kent Roosevelt L 7-9
North Canton Hoover L 12-13
St. Edward W 13-4
Hudson W 13-12 2 OT

Hudson is 2nd in the state 8-1
Medina is 4rth in the state and is our toughest opponent left along with Jackson, who is 20th in the state. The Solon Comets are 4-2 and are 9th in the state as of Friday.

Solon now 6-2! Three goals from being undefeated. The Comets beat the Shaker Heights Red Raiders 15-4. They beat Massillon Jackson 16-9.

They play St. Ignatius Tuesday I believe. Go Comets! :cool:

Last night I believe Solon beat St. Ignatius at Solon. 13-9 (?)

7-2 Solon. Cleveland Hts at Solon this weekend (5pm start)

Solon beat Heights Tigers 15-2. Solon is 8th in the state, div.1, they go up against 9th ranked Medina today.

Go Comets!

Comets lost to the Bees 16-13. But it was NOT a regional semifinal as Solon Athletics website had. That was from 12 months ago. Talk about updating.

Humphrey didn't play again due to ankle injury. He will be ready for playoffs.

Solon hosts power Friday night, Western Reserve Academy.

Comets lose to WRA 19-10. They are loaded with talent and tradition. Solon will go against Shaker Heights, then tournament. Div.1 playoffs coming soon.

Solon beat Green 26-5 in the 1st playoffs match. They get North Canton Hoover May 25th @ Solon. I believe they lost to NCH 13-12 early in the season.

GO Comets! :cool:

The Solon Comet lacrosse team will now play host to North Canton Hoover in the regional semi-final game on Wednesday, May 25th at 7:30

Weather report for this afternoon thru tonight is strong and possibly severe storms. Followed by possibly worse tomorrow. This April and May have been unbelievable in their ferocity. And so sad for so many.

soggy

Hurri-
I know, this weather is unreal. Played Grantwood last night and it will weeks before the course can be totally mowed...

Best of luck to the Comet Lacrossers when ever they play!!!

We got it again last night, but minus the freaking hail. Just torrential rain and some hellacious winds. More branchs to pick up, and round #5 coming today.

I guess Solon and Hoover will try again today, unless they played last night amongst 1800 lightning strikes.

As for the Green massacre, Chris Humphrey coming back from that anlke injury, scored 7 goals. "SEVEN"! Wow! Solon scored more than 20 goals for the first time this season as the Comets began play in the Ohio High School Lacrosse Association, Division 1 tournament.

Senior Matt DiCarro had 6 goals, SIX! Senior Mike Perrino and junior Sean Smith had three each. Sophs Sam Littman and dDrew Barksdaleeach had two. Goalie Keith LePorte had 12 saves. I hope all stats and spelling are correct.

Go Comets! Go severe weather, AWAY!

The Solon Comet lacrosse team will now play host to North Canton Hoover in the regional semi-final game on Wednesday, May 25th at 7:30

My apologies to 2012 parent, I DID not post up the time, he did, my bad. :eek:

I did hear tonight's starting time is 6:00 P.M. :shrug: (who knows about the weather)

Solon and North Canton Hoover tied up at 8-8 end of 3rd quarter. Final score,

Solon 17 Hoover 8!!! My source told me Comet's performance led by Humphrey, and might have been 5 or 6 goals scored by Chris. I can't confirm that because I wasn't there. Solon supposed to play @ Hudson Saturday I was told. From our fabulous turf even wet, to Hudson's mud pit. Yeccch!

Great night by Solon Comets! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here's more. Chris Humphrey scored 5 crucial goals, in a stretch that blew open a tight lacrosse contest in the second half of the Solon vs. North Canton Hoover match, in the 2nd round of the regional playoffs at Solon's Stewart Field last night. The game was delayed two hours by thunderstorms and heavy rains.

Humphrey's final goal was a masterpiece according to Solon Patch as he leapt to pull in a pass from teammate Matt DiCarro, and made the spectacular score. That goal made the no doubt to the outcome , as the Comets scored the last 9 goals to make the final 17-8. It was payback for the 13-12 loss to the Vikings earlier in the season.

Sam Littman and Tres Barksdale had three goals each and senior goalie Keith LePorte had 8 saves. Root on these Comets as they play #2 in the state Hudson Explorer's @ Hudson Tomorrow, (no time announced as of yet) in the regional final. Since Solon has become Division 1 this is the first time they have come this far. Three years ago Solon played University School in the Div.2 regional final, Solon came within a goal of a state championship.

Could this be our time?

Solon and North Canton Hoover tied up at 8-8 end of 3rd quarter. Final score,

Solon 17 Hoover 8!!! My source told me Comet's performance led by Humphrey, and might have been 5 or 6 goals scored by Chris. I can't confirm that because I wasn't there. Solon supposed to play @ Hudson Saturday I was told. From our fabulous turf even wet, to Hudson's mud pit. Yeccch!

Great night by Solon Comets! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :party: :party: :party:

Beat Hudson!!

Hudson 14 Solon 7 when I left with 2:34 to play. Solon lost this one early when the Explorer's scored 5 straight in the 1st quarter. Comets had problems digging ball out, field was wet, and just completely different than Solon's at Stewart Field. Mike Perrino was not dressed which didn't help Solon any either. He was held out because of concussion.

Congratulations to Hudson who moves on.