Search results

1. B

Steveson axed by WWE

Gable Steveson was released by WWE. Does he find a lower profile pro wrestling gig? Does he return to MINN? Does he return to USA MFS? Apparently the backflips weren't enough for WWE. He's clearly still young enough to make a comeback at only 23.
  2. B

David Taylor interviews for OKST

The heading says it all. If they pick him, and why wouldn’t they, can he put a dent in PSU? Do some of the pack leave town with him? Perhaps the biggest move in NCAA wrestling since Cael left ISU. Or is it’s nothingburger?
  3. B

The Next GOAT

While some may argue that JB is not the GOAT, it was irrefutably proven by a Yappi poll a while ago. And until someone gets to 7 golds, he'll stay there. JB obviously is not the force he once was. He could hang around, bump back to 79, and harvest another medal or 2, but I doubt it. So who is...
  4. B

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

Welcome to the 2024 NCAA PickEm! Have all picks/changes in by 9:00 PM, Wednesday 3/20. Here's the rules: 1. COPY AND PASTE your picks from the list below, or use exact formatting and spelling. This formatting will make things a lot easier for me (Excel spreadsheet is set up). Improper...
  5. B

2024 B10 Pick'Em

Welcome to the 2024 B10 Pick'Em! All selections and/or edits need to be in by 9:00 PM Friday. Here's the rules: 1. COPY AND PASTE your picks from the list below, or use exact formatting and spelling. This formatting will make things a lot easier for me (Excel spreadsheet is set up). Improper...
  6. B

B10 Thoughts

As the OH HS finishes off the the Districts and heads to the OH Championships, tOSU will be competing in the B10s and competing for slots in the NCAAs. Unlike many years, there will be little drama as to who will take home the B10 crown. PSU will be coming in w/ arguably their best team ever...
  7. B

Best PSU team ever? Best NCAA team ever?

Best PSU team ever? Best NCAA team ever? The final determination of these questions will be answered at the NCAAs in March, but, barring an underperformance or injuries, IMO both of these questions are answered by a YES! IM has their current NCAA team pts at 138. That would assume they all place...
  8. B

The GOAT

A FB post by the GOAT: Losing makes you relatable. My family gets a front row seat to my failures. Together, the Burroughs crew sets goals, adjusts our schedule at home to prepare, and then travels together to try to accomplish them. Sometimes we win. Sometimes we don’t. My reaction on the mat...
  9. B

2023 NCAA Pick'Em

Welcome to the 2022 NCAA PickEm! Have all picks/changes in by 10:00 PM, Wednesday 3/16. Picks/changes after 10:00 PM Wednesday likely will not be included. Here's the rules: 1. COPY AND PASTE your picks from the list below, or use exact formatting and spelling. This formatting will make...
  10. B

B10 Rehash - tOSU 4th

There really wasn't a B10 thread so I thought I'd start one. In what was supposed to be PSU blowout, IOWA kept it reasonably close losing 147 to 134.5. NEB & tOSU were expected to battle it out for a distant 3rd and they did. The Buckeyes held a slim lead until NEB erased it w/ wins at 184 (5th...
  11. B

2023 B10 Pick'Em

Welcome to the 2023 B10 Pick'Em! All selections and/or edits need to be in by 10:00 PM Friday. Here's the rules: 1. COPY AND PASTE your picks from the list below, or use exact formatting and spelling. This formatting will make things a lot easier for me (Excel spreadsheet is set up). Improper...
  12. B

B10 Pre-Pre-Seeds

B10 Pre-Pre-Seeds OK, these are not the pre-seeds. These are the pre-pre-seeds. The pre-seeds are decided by the coaches (I think on the Monday before the B10s). These are the Intermat rankings for the B10. They probably are pretty close to the pre-seeds, but out of conference wins and losses...
  13. B

NCAA Rankings 1/31/23 - 10 Things about Spencer Lee

OK, before we get to the rankings, let's talk about Spencer Lee. While some seemed to diminish his chances to capture a 4th NCAA title (calling him "No Knees" Lee - I believe the culprit was bdhof), Lee is near the end of what will be an historic career. Here's 10 things you may or may not know...
  14. B

NCAA Rankings 12/6/22 - tOSU drops down after CKLV

The CKLV is normally where tOSU makes a statement about their place on the NCAA ladder. This year that statement was underperformance and MFFs. A week ago they were battling for 3rd, w/ a debate about the health of Spencer Lee keeping the door open at #2. Now they are battling for top 10 and...
  15. B

Yianni goes down to defeat!

OK, all of our Buckeye fans have been grumbling (or at least I have 🤣) about Sammy Sasso taking a loss last week and Ethan Smith taking one this week. Well, WIS fans might have been similarly concerned when 149 Gomez lost to some guy no one has never heard of (9-4 to Johnson ISU). Well, Gomez...
  16. B

NCAA Rankings 11/8/22

From Intermat Top 10 1 Penn State Big Ten 98.5 1 2 Iowa Big Ten 77.5 2 3 Ohio State Big Ten 66 4 4 Missouri Big 12 64 5 5 Arizona State Pac-12 55 3 6 Michigan Big Ten 53.5 6 7 Cornell EIWA 50.5 7 8 Minnesota...
  17. B

USA Men's Freestyle GOAT Poll

I just read 5 pages on another wrestling forum site about the USA Men's Freestyle GOAT. I thought it was best to settle the issue by letting Yappi decide. There's really only 3 logical candidates, Bruce Baumgartner, Jordan Burroughs and John Smith. Here's their credentials (bare bones World/OLY...
  18. B

OLY & World Medals (65kg, where are you?)

Much has been said about the absence of a World or OLY medal at 65kg since almost forever (2006 Gold medal - Bill Zadick). For those challenged by math, that's 16 years. Out of curiosity I looked at the other weights to just get a feel for how the weight classes compared over the years...
  19. B

International Rankings

We all know that rankings, like seeds, are an opinion and tournaments decide true rankings. That being said, if you put some credibility behind Intermat's international rankings, the depth on the RUS team is crazy. For the whole weight-by-weight go here...
  20. B

NCAA Preseason Polls 2022-23

While I am more singularly focused on the upcoming World championships during the last week of July, Intermat came out with the first (I think) PS NCAA polls. Now, maybe Flo or others beat IM to the punch, but I don't do Flo and really haven't checked out the other sites yet. And IM has been my...