Search results

1. mrroosevelt

NFHS rule changes for 2024-25

My favorite song and scene from the movie!!!!
  2. mrroosevelt

Schools to make state finals in Basketball and Football in the same year

I am mainly a wrestling guy, but this post peaked my interest and reminded me of something I thought was pretty incredible. The boys senior class of 1995 at Clyde HS must have been pretty special. (I have no affiliation with Clyde.) Football 1994: State Runners-up Basketball...
  3. mrroosevelt

EBC Wrestling 2023-2024

Northeast Ohio DII Sectional Assignments The number next to each school is their seed (based upon 2023 postseason performance by underclassmen. St. V-St. M. Sectional(9am) Kenston Sectional(10am) Northwest Sectional(930am) West Branch Sectional(9am) 8 West Geauga 4 Louisville 1 Buckeye 2...
  4. mrroosevelt

Marlington hosting MS Round Robin Duals this Sat. Jan. 27: Need a couple more teams.

Alliance Marlington (15 minutes East of Canton) is hosting a MS Round Robin Dual event this Saturday 1/27 at 9am. We run three of these per season and have teams in and out by about 1pm or 2pm at the latest. Details: -Weigh in at home (honor system) and bring your weigh in sheet -Start at 9am...
  5. mrroosevelt

EBC Wrestling 2023-2024

Over the past 10 or 15 years junior varsity tournaments have become tougher and tougher to find. About 15 years ago I realized that our JV wrestlers at Marlington were likely to only get 5 or 6 matches during the season which I thought was unacceptable. That's when we started hosting...
  6. mrroosevelt

EBC Wrestling 2023-2024

All six are at Top Gun.
  7. mrroosevelt

EBC Wrestling 2023-2024

Carrollton is definitely favored in this match which, if Marlington has all their guys available and in the right weight classes, might be Carrollton's biggest challenge in league this year.
  8. mrroosevelt

Hold Backs Getting out of Control...

No dog in this fight.....just an interesting and slightly connected story. My son is wrestling collegiately at a DII school here in Ohio. Two years ago when he was a freshman I had to explain to my wife what it meant on the bracket when it said the name of the college and then unattached...
  9. mrroosevelt

EBC Wrestling 2023-2024

Team scores are kept by individual teams. We don't compile all of the team scores. Your best bet would be to check with each individual team, or perhaps see which teams use Trackwrestling.com.
  10. mrroosevelt

EBC Wrestling 2023-2024

Marlington Duals Top Three Teams: Salem 9-0 Marlington 8-1 West Geauga 7-2 Best of luck to all ten teams that competed this weekend.
  11. mrroosevelt

EBC Wrestling 2023-2024

Friday 4pm. (4 rounds of dual meets) Saturday 9am (5 rounds of dual meets) Marlington, West G., Shaw, Lutheran West, Caldwell, West Branch, Girard, Field, Salem, Akron Springfield
  12. mrroosevelt

Division III Region 9 Semi Finals: #5 VASJ Vikings (9-3) vs #1 Ursuline Fighting Irish (12-0) @ Marlington

I was at this game tonight. Ursuline brought a nice crowd.....St. Joe's not so much. Regardless, you could have found a place to sit on either side with no trouble at all.
  13. mrroosevelt

12/15-16: Marlington Duals (near Canton, Oh.) needs two more teams

TTT We still need one more team!! Contact Curt Hamilton 330 206 7250 c_hamilton@marlingtonlocal.org
  14. mrroosevelt

Div IV Reg 13 Semi West Branch 11-1 vs Canton South 12-0

Marlington is hosting Ursuline vs. St. Joes.
  15. mrroosevelt

12/15-16: Marlington Duals (near Canton, Oh.) needs two more teams

The Marlington Dual meet round robin is held every year on the second weekend of OHSAA competition. When the start of this season was moved back one week we stuck with the second weekend of competition which caused a conflict for a few teams. Thus, we are in need of two more teams. Here are...
  16. mrroosevelt

Is Anyone Really Surprised By This?

Hopefully jail time for the worst offenders.
  17. mrroosevelt

Springfield Coach Tanksley Passes

His son is the Head Wrestling Coach at Springfield. I can say the same about him. Great guy, hard worker, and asset to the district. Prayers for the Tanksley family.
  18. mrroosevelt

STA Coaching Change