Search results

1. ferflog

2024 Steubenville Big Red

That game is over. We lost. It happens. That season is over. Our 20th State Semifinal appearance. Those seniors are graduating. Time to move on to the 2024 season. Hope springs eternal!! ROLL RED ROLL!!!
  2. ferflog

Figured that. Is Sheridan also Division 3 this year? If so, Region 15 belongs to Indian Valley or Hartley.
  3. ferflog

I was hoping for Canfield, but I am just glad that we filled the schedule. Should be another good season. RRR!!!
  4. ferflog

2024 Inter-Valley Conference Schedules and Discussion

I know that the Buckeye Trail Warriors are a relatively new addition to the league, but why is the southernmost school in the North Division?
  5. ferflog

1969 Steubenville Big Red vs Massillon Tigers

Junior Jeff Spahn (Michigan) quarterbacking the Big Red. Senior startng QB Gary Repella (Ohio State basketball) injured.
  6. ferflog

DIV State Semifinal: Steubenville vs. Kettering Alter

Dean Martin: I thought it was "Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime". You seem to love Big Red all the time. And "That's Amore". Roll Red Roll!!! Beat Alter!!!
  7. ferflog

petroglyph: Referees ruled a fumble in '06 when Stevie Davis caught a 1st down pass from Collaros when clearly he was down by contact when the fumble occurred. Alter returned it to the 5, then scored, and made it a close game. Had that play been ruled correctly, that game may have been a...
  8. ferflog

Alter-Big Red series history: 1972: Big Red over Alter in the regular season. 1987: Big Red over Alter in the State Semi. 2006: Big Red over Alter in the State Final. 2008: Alter over Big Red in the State Final. ROLL RED ROLL!!!
  9. ferflog

Region 15: #1 Steubenville vs #2 Thornville Sheridan

High of 57 degrees and a 70% chance of rain in New Philadelphia tomorrow night.
  10. ferflog

#1 Steubenville vs. #13 Indian Valley

I said Indian Valley would come to play. And they did. They are a young team. And will be better in the future. Count on it. Best of luck to the Braves!! Roll Red Roll!!!
  11. ferflog

You can take the boy out of the 'Ville, but you can't take the 'Ville out of the boy!!

You can take the boy out of the 'Ville, but you can't take the 'Ville out of the boy!!
  12. ferflog

2013 Steubenville Big Red vs Indian Valley Braves

Should be a good one with Indian Valley. After last year, they want a piece of the Big Red. And they have already defeated two higher-seeded teams in the region. And, as Abe Bryan always said on his weekly radio show on WSTV 1340, "Any team can beat any other team on any given day." The...
  13. ferflog

Div IV Reg 13 Semi West Branch 11-1 vs Canton South 12-0

I was at Louisville this year for the Steubenville game. Nice facility.
  14. ferflog

#1 Steubenville vs. #13 Indian Valley

I'm old, but I will drive in for the games as long as I am physically able. RRR!!!
  15. ferflog

Louisville Leopards Football 2023

Good places to eat relatively near to the stadium? And is the stadium on the same grounds as the high school?
  16. ferflog

Louisville Leopards Football 2023

Steubenville makes an unusual fourth road trip to Louisville this coming Friday to play the Leopards. Looking at their 1-8 record, even though they have played a difficult schedule, it seems to be an easy game for the Big Red. I don't see it that way. As legendary Steubenville head coach Abe...