Search results

1. D

Who should pay for damage caused by nature?

Ok, more financial questions. So I had a new furnace installed last year, came with a one year warranty. I tried to start it up a couple mornings back and it did not start, so I checked to make sure the gas was indeed on, the thermostat was causing the unit to try to start, and air was being...
  2. D

Cost of healthcare?

Been awhile since this topic has been bantered around on here. I got my yearly increase yesterday for a major deductible plan I have kept since before Obama was in office, going up a mere 30%. I was fortunate to be able to cancel it as I am moving from self employed to employer paid...
  3. D

That didn't used to taste like that, did it?

Picked up a box of Cheese-its this week and they were darker almost brown, and not nearly as cheesy as usual. Is anyone else noticing this or did I just get a bad batch?
  4. D

Ed Choice hands Richmond Heights D4 basketball title

I've thought about this a few days, the accusations of recruiting, the transfer of students, the narrow miss of qualifying as a D3 school. Who is really at fault for taking a community with a size comparable to Wapakoneta and making them a D4 public school? I think the voucher program of Ed...
  5. D

Human feats that are astounding

Don't know why I haven't thought of this before, but occassionally you will be amazed by something or someone that is crazy good or borderline insane to accomplish. My first trip to Warther museum is one of those moments. Of course they hype the ability of the subject, but really there is no...
  6. D

Why the delay in posting D4 brackets SW dustrict?

I have been checking every few hours since yesterday's D1, D2 and D3 SW district brackets were posted on the OHSAA page. No D4 tournament draw has been filled out. Did they not do seeding yesterday with the others?
  7. D

25- point club

We have the 25 and over individual scoring club on here, but defense seldom gets its equal recognition. With that in mind, thought it would be fun to list teams who's defense gave up 25 or less points in a game, to an entire team. Stay positive if possible and reward the defensive effort...
  8. D

Favorite method to split rocks?

I have taken up a new hobby of rock splitting, mostly granite and limestone. The granite is from boulders that came down in a glacier and landed around our area. The limestone is the basic rock found under our soil, glacial till and boulders. What is the best way to split stone into useable...
  9. D

What if the Reds played in the American league East?

Had to wonder as we watch the Reds dismantling the competition of the American league East, just what their record would be if they played in THAT division? Would they have 60 wins like the Yankees? Not sure about that but would expect them to fair well vs such competition.
  10. D

Bitcoin, what is a good buy level?

I have been anti investing in bitcoin since its inception. My theory has long been that since it is not tied to any thing of known value (no commodity or backing by any government) it would inflate in value during good times but would be susceptible to crashing if people need their money...
  11. D

Electric vs Propane appliances

I did some checking last night on this topic. What I learned was kind if eye opening. Electric range top is approx 70% efficient at getting the heat from the source (burner) into the reciever (metal pan). Propane, due to its requiring the pan to sit higher over top of the source, and not...
  12. D

DVII: Newark Catholic vs Marion Local Updates and Game Discussion

Impressed on Aug 18 you knew who would be in this game.
  13. D

Did Biden step in a pile when he decided nursing home staff must be vaccinated?

Nursing homes are already short staffed what with STNA's making less to bathe and change diapers on elderly patients than they could make for most any other entry level job today. So , short staffed homes have been offering rather aggressive bonuses to get employees to work an extra shift...
  14. D

5.8 billion student loan debt missing

I heard this morning 323,000 disabled students will be losing the privilege of paying back their students loans which they originally agreed to when they took the loans out.. 5.8 billion is a decent amount of money that we paid professors and universities to house and educate these...