Search results

1. D

The Official 2024 Reds season thread

Pretty fair showing by the Reds on west coast trip. Three of seven ain't great, but so much better than the 2-5 I expected. Going to be every fun year to see where things go from here.
  2. D

Will you start watching the WNBA?

I will be watching much, much more WNBA with CC involved than previously. Not my choice, it's just every sports network seems to think we need to see her, and sooner or later I need a haircut and my barber always has a sports network playing for his clients to watch, I've logged somewhere...
  3. D

Israel ~ Hamas War Saga

And I bet well more than 71% of Americans want someone other than Joe or Don to be President, but the binary choice brings us the winner nobody wants. What a wonderful system.
  4. D

AOC vs MTG Catfight

Yep, I have switched over the years from pro term limits to anti term limits. I am pro voice of the people via a fair election. If we had no term limit for president, another term served by some of the better presidents from either side seems more preferable to what we have had lately.
  5. D

1949 Class B State Championship Video

Great points!
  6. D

KC Kicker PRO-Family commencement speech at a catholic university....NFL/Kansas City Chiefs have a problem with speech..

Some topics are just too important to limit to one thread. The election, economy, competitive balance, global warming. Just a few examples of subjects witn multiple threads.
  7. D

in the DEBATE forum... lets talk uncle Joe VS Orange man DEBATE in June and September

I totally agree with this assessment, but when was the last time trump acted in a mature way vs his enemies?
  8. D

No Mow May

No fences involved, but I was very not very stealthy either. I know perhaps 8-10 years ago this topic came up in here as well and I mentioned a different neighbor I had done the exact same thing to his yard. But in retrospect, he had asked me to help mow it a time or two so I felt justified...
  9. D

1949 Class B State Championship Video

Thanks for posting. Both teams made huge tactical errors in how we comprehend the optimal potential today. If Locklands big guy could have made a free throw by shooting with two hands rather than a one handed push shot he would have had a game changer from the line. Passes of 80 feet by...
  10. D

No Mow May

This thread is concerning me a bit. Not sure if I did a good neighborly deed this week or screwed up someone's plans? My neighbor who is several years retired, has been mowing the front of his yard but leaving the sides and rear. I kept looking at the grass each week as I mowed mine and...
  11. D

in the DEBATE forum... lets talk uncle Joe VS Orange man DEBATE in June and September

There was some talk of possibly better ca didates being available, but no one wanted them as shown by the primary vote.
  12. D

Trump has a whole lot to lose by debating a guy who cognitively is not up to the task. If I were Trump, I would sit these debates out and let Biden debate himself.
  13. D

What Have You Learned Today ?, #3

Yes it is the cultural norm now. Wal-Mart developed and perfected the concept of limited wages with Government benefits equals a quality job. As I said, this "kid" is a manager, not an entry level employee. Makes $25 an hour now so he can no longer work 40 hours per week and keep all the...
  14. D

What Have You Learned Today ?, #3

We are so screwed up. I had an interesting conversation yesterday with a a 30 something year old male. He was supposed to work yesterday at the restaurant he manages, so I was surprised to find him attending a family gathering. He informed me when I asked about how he got such a busy day...
  15. D

Do Conferences Even Matter Anymore With New Divisions

As a serious fan of small division, high school basketball, going from 4 to 7 divisions will place more, not less emphasis on the conference title. Now there will be 7 chances to build a team that could compete. This will bring more hope to the high school recruiter and they will spend more...
  16. D

Divisional placements and Regional Assignments to be released today for Boys Hoops

I agree with this statement in the sense that many fans who lack knowledge of the difficulty to reach or even compete for any title seem to have an all or nothing mentality.
  17. D

Is it Time for a Civil Divorce ?

I slow down and look very carefully each time I go through a road contruction area. I have never seen Biden , not once. Perhaps you are crediting the wrong person with infrastructure rebuild and expansion.
  18. D

Is it Time for a Civil Divorce ?

Six comments in, and that civil divorce thing looks to have some merit.
  19. D

Who wins D4?

I built my qualifications for "home grown" specifically thinking of private or public schools. If a kid is in a private school for their primary years I don't think they are attending just for sports. Middle school years the recruiting begins in ernest, mostly from AAU style teams and friends...
  20. D

South Dakota Gov Brags About Killing Animals, Loses Chances at VP

This is why country people no longer make good politicians. She is telling a story from her culture, her point of view. Some of us may live many miles from the nearest veterinarian who can put the dog down. Few vets put "stinky" goats down. So she does it herself. I completely understand her...