Search results

1. Sykotyk

Professional Volleyball in Columbus (Columbus Fury)

Haven't seen this mentioned on the board. Professional Volleyball is taking a crack at a league, and Columbus gets a team. The Columbus Fury have a pretty interesting logo, and will be playing at Nationwide Arena. https://provolleyball.com/teams/columbus-fury Interesting that the cheapest...
  2. Sykotyk

Greatest Game Ever?

Figured this could spark some discussion. A few caveats, and categories. We all have a few 'greatest game ever' ideas, and if you are counting nationally, the epic Tyler/Plano East game from 1994 is probably at or near the top of any list. However, let's make this more personal. So, let's...
  3. Sykotyk

Games Attended (as of 2023)

Figured I'd run some numbers now that the 2023 season is completely finished. Overall, I've seen varsity high school football games in 495 different venues. The most recent new venue being the Field of Hopes and Dreams in Texico, New Mexico for their Class 2A State Championship Game. For 2023...
  4. Sykotyk

State Championship Attendance (Part Deux)

Well, Texas kicked off their state finals. The 6-man Class 1AD1 started at 11am on a Wednesday. Total attendance? 4,688 at Jerry World. I'll keep a running tally for future games. Now, 1AD1 is larger than the next game that's 1AD2. Also, the benefit was that Gordon (90 miles) and Westbrook (184...
  5. Sykotyk

State Championships Attended

Topic is both Ohio-centric and nationally. In Ohio I've only seen a surprisingly sparse, 45 OHSAA title games. Adding four more to my tally this year. Overall, however, as of Thursday night in PA, I'm up to 364 state title games in 24 states. Who here has the record for title games in Ohio...
  6. Sykotyk

Article Marion Local Steamrolls Dalton for 14th State Title, 38-0

It started well enough for Dalton, before Marion Local settled into a dominating performance over the next quarter and a half. The Dalton Bulldogs opened the game with a 9-play, 43 yard drive spanning the first 4:15 of the game before Colin Pearson's 4th down pass fell harmlessly incomplete...
  7. Sykotyk

Article Massillon-Hoban, In Photos

Here Comes The Tigers Massillon Fumble Recovery Touchdown Tigers
  8. Sykotyk

Last Man Standing Contest (CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND)

We have one final winner for Week 15. brownsbacker78 picked Glenville by 21 over Canton South and the final score was 42-21. This was their second win of the season. Week 1 0 WJ-OSU-STEELERS (Hilliard Davidson by 56 over Columbus West) (56-0) (1st) 1 Benchboss1 (Glenoak by 29 over Western...
  9. Sykotyk

Happy Thanksgiving

10. Sykotyk

2023 Last Man Standing Contest (Week 15)

This was easy. One week to go. Anyone that hasn't played yet, can still jump in. Just need to win one week to get a crack at the title in the state final round. This week, WJ-OSU-STEELERS got his second weekly win on the year. Week 1 0 WJ-OSU-STEELERS (Hilliard Davidson by 56 over Columbus...
  11. Sykotyk

Last Man Standing Contest (Week 14)

I'll get the current totals up tonight I believe. Get your pick in by 7pm Friday. EDIT Here's the results from the previous 13 weeks: Week 1 0 WJ-OSU-STEELERS (Hilliard Davidson by 56 over Columbus West) (56-0) (1st) 1 Benchboss1 (Glenoak by 29 over Western Hills) (42-12) 1 nupanther...
  12. Sykotyk

High Scoring Playoff Games

Each week, Yappi has highlighted some of the absurdly high scoring playoff games each week. Three rounds in, and you have Anna's 56-51 OT win over Tri-Village. Previous weeks teams scored 70 with ease. In Texas? Panhandle beat Tahoka, 93-54. Good enough for the second highest 11-man playoff...
  13. Sykotyk

8-man Football

Though this has been known for a while, Southington Chalker (starting varsity football again next year) and Fremont St. Joseph Central Catholic will both be playing 8-man football next year. This is big for Sebring McKinley. Though they played Southington twice last year, Southington was...
  14. Sykotyk

2023 Last Man Standing Contest (Week 13)

We're getting closer to the finals. Get your picks in by 7pm Friday. The way the finals will work is, you will pick all 7 games in chronological order. Your goal is to pick every game with the correct winner, and closest margin. Pick the wrong team entirely and you're out. For every weekly...
  15. Sykotyk

Hall of Fame Coach

This should in no way cause a problem on this board.
  16. Sykotyk

2023 Last Man Standing Contest (Week 12)

I'll get the results for the past few weeks up soon. For now though, we've got another week coming up. Get your picks in by 7pm on Friday night. Only pick OHSAA playoff games. Good luck
  17. Sykotyk

Stadiums

Hurley, Virginia - Smiley Ratliff Field (The Cliff) Bristol, Tennessee - Bristol Municipal Stadium (The Stone Castle) Eagar, Arizona (Round Valley Dome) (this is the natural color inside the dome. The lighting is old yellow tinged lights, and since Round Valley is black and...
  18. Sykotyk

Saturday Updates (10/28/23)

8-man semifinals tonight. I'll be at Sebring McKinley v. Stryker tonight.
  19. Sykotyk

Thursday Updates (10/26/23)

Shouldn't we have a Thursday night update page? John Adams 14-6 over Collingwood JFK 16-6 in the 3rd over East Tech
  20. Sykotyk

2023 Last Man Standing Contest (Week 11)

Get them in by Friday 7pm. Just playoff games. No other games.