Search results

1. C

CHL 2024/2025 preview/season thread

The development of the Little Cards program played a massive role in Colerain's sustained success at well. I had a good friend/teammate at FT who grew up in that program and he was so technically sound by the time he entered high school that he ended up lettering on varsity all 4 years and being...
  2. C

EPL Title Race

Disappointing finish for Arsenal who dug deep to win their final 6 league matches - only to still finish 2nd to Man City who ended the season with a remarkable 9-match winning streak/23-match unbeaten streak (19 wins & 4 draws).
  3. C

NBA thread

The bias is definitely annoying for most neutral viewers, but it makes sense why ESPN would push it from a $ perspective, considering the ratings for a Knicks-Celtics ECF would be significantly higher than any other match-up imaginable.
  4. C

Athletic Scholarships

I don't know a lot about recruiting for outside of D1 football and basketball, but to what degree does a recruit's family's financial situation play a role in their ability to attract partial scholarship offers/money? For example, say Recruit A and Recruit B both have similar athletic/academic...
  5. C

Bearcats baskteball

Dillon Mitchell commits! High chance the Bearcats start next season in the top 25 now.
  6. C

CHL 2024/2025 preview/season thread

I did this for last year's thread and figured I'd do it again. Going off the rosters on the CHL website, here's an idea of what each team is losing/returning (in bulk) for next season: #1 Indian Hill (9-3, 7-0 CHL) -Graduated 13 Seniors from a roster of 48 #2 Wyoming (12-2, 6-1 CHL)...
  7. C

2024 Cincinnati Bengals

Early thoughts on the 2024 schedule? It's tied with three other teams for the 16th toughest in the league based on the opponents' 2023 winning percentage (.502). I saw another ranking list that had the Bengals' schedule as the 6th toughest based on the 2024 projected win totals of their...
  8. C

Will you start watching the WNBA?

I'd gladly go to a NY Liberty game but I have no interest in watching it on TV. I can hardly be bothered to put on the NBA play-offs until the Conference Finals most years.
  9. C

23/24 CHL Baseball thread

FT beat Georgetown 10-0 in 6 innings on Monday. They play @ #3 Bethel-Tate tomorrow.
  10. C

EPL Title Race

Burnley and Luton both lost so that confirms relegation for both teams. The title race between Arsenal and Man City continues to be neck-and-neck. Arsenal overcame their major hurdle by beating United 1-0 at Old Trafford yesterday. Man City plays at Tottenham tomorrow afternoon in what should...
  11. C

EPL Title Race

Good breakdown. I predict Burnley will be relegated by full time on Saturday. Forest's +11 goal difference over Luton is basically as good as another point on the board. Luton has to secure a better result than Forest on Saturday to legitimately stay alive.
  12. C

Bearcats baskteball

There's some smoke building on Twitter about Dillon Mitchell from Texas supposedly visiting campus soon.
  13. C

What is the biggest crime that has happened to you that you did not report to the police?

A guy tried to rob me at gunpoint in a parking lot when I was a teen. I drove off unscathed.
  14. C

Bearcats baskteball

It seems like UC is losing ground in the Sean Stewart sweepstakes and are turning their attention to other bigs.
  15. C

EPL Title Race

Absolutely. The relegation battle could very well come down to the final day as well - especially with Burnley hosting Forest on Survival Sunday.
  16. C

Bearcats baskteball

Sage Tolentino committed to UNC Asheville yesterday. Best of luck to him.
  17. C

Crazy Work Stories

First summer out of high school I worked at Kings Island as a games carny. At the start of every shift, after clocking in, you reported to a "bank" on-site where you would receive $500 in cash (5 stacks of $100) and money apron to make change with customers. You turned in that cash at the end of...
  18. C

Bearcats baskteball

Very interesting. Would have to assume that Wes was traveling for an in-home visit with Stewart & family as he is from the Orlando area.
  19. C

2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

Wow. Scouting report? I admittedly watched very little Big 10 once it became obvious in December that Michigan was not going to compete this season.
  20. C

Bearcats baskteball

It seems like the staff is targeting another frontcourt player with the last scholarship, and the name with the most hype right now is 6'9 Duke transfer Sean Stewart - a former 5* recruit who averaged 2.6 ppg & 3.2 rpg in limited minutes as a freshman last season. He played AAU ball with...