Search results

1. 14Red

KC Kicker PRO-Family commencement speech at a catholic university....NFL/Kansas City Chiefs have a problem with speech..

Why the uproar on Butker? He was invited to speak at the commencement ceremony of a Catholic school, on Mother's Day. I don't think he said anything outlandish, I'd say if you lean conservative he probably was right in your wheelhouse. Didn't say women can't have jobs, run corporations. His...
  2. 14Red

The Official 2024 Reds season thread

Pretty cool to see Elly do the postgame interview last night with Jim Day in english. The kid gets it.
  3. 14Red

Last night's Dodger lineup not names but this years annual salary 1. SS $30,000,000 2. DH $2,000,000 3. 1B $27,000,000 4. RF $15,000,000 5. 3B $4,000,000 6. 2B $1,225,000 7. LF $13,000,000 8. CF $770,000 9. C $3,500,000 10 P $17,500,000 Total, just under $114,000,000
  4. 14Red

#1 world golfer Scottie Scheffler assaults police officer

Did he drive around a line of cars into a restricted area - if yes, then there really isn't anything else to discuss.
  5. 14Red

While that is a Reds thing, it's also a major league baseball thing. I'd guess there are more below .220 hitters in baseball than at any time in history. Pitching, defense and analytics dominates baseball. Hitting is very difficult and it's only gotten more difficult.
  6. 14Red

#1 world golfer Scottie Scheffler assaults police officer

These are always great stories. 50% side with the cop/ 50% go against anything the cops do. Honestly, with the state of ESPN, wouldn't surprise me if this was all cooked up by ESPN to make it a story. Now sadly one thing is true, a person who was working at the golf course was struck by a bus...
  7. 14Red

That looked so simple last night. Get an early lead, get good pitching from nearly everyone, add on as the game goes on. One thing about Glassnow, he's awful at holding runners. Elly is really fast and a great base stealer, but most of our guys could run on him. Right handed, tall guy with a...
  8. 14Red

Will you start watching the WNBA?

Good gosh, this is human nature. You give new players all the attention, it creates annomosity. I'm shocked that these leagues and networks continue this trend. We see it nearly every year in the NFL. Hot shot QB is drafted to save the franchise, they get all the attention, meanwhile, the...
  9. 14Red

It's really hard to believe this team is having so much trouble scoring runs, and I'm not asking for 7-8 runs a game. We just need to score 4-5 runs more a game an we likely go .500 over these last 10-12 games. The starting pitching has been THAT good. The thing that continues to baffle me is...
  10. 14Red

Duly noted, I can see that being too risky.
  11. 14Red

I know he's always the cast off guy, but I have as much faith in Andrew Abbott taking the ball every 5 days and giving us a good start. He's just a pitcher.
  12. 14Red

Especially since he's swinging a hot bat. It's insane.
  13. 14Red

Will you start watching the WNBA?

First of all we need to back up. This was a calculated move by ESPN/ the NBA and the WNBA to conjure up interest in a product ESPN has paid alot of money for. Is there alot more interest in women's basketball suddenly, nope. It's all been focused on one player. That's very risky even as we've...
  14. 14Red

The Lodolo news is so disappointing. 6 starts this year, 7 starts last year, 19 starts split over 2022. I have no idea what the training staff has in all this, but there at least has to be a review of how we do things. Pitchers don't even bat, they don't run the bases.
  15. 14Red

16. 14Red

17. 14Red

Who Wins The NL Central In 2024

True, but there is a long way to go. Here is why I think the Reds are still in this... Starting pitching - the Reds have got + starting pitching so far, this teams main issue is offense and that's something that goes up and down all year. We've got a few players, Elly, Steer, Candelario who...
  18. 14Red

Trump or Biden

This is not a pro Trump post, but you have to like the man's stamina. I mean he's been hanging around this courtroom in NYC for weeks it seems like, and today is an off day, no hearing. He's in Cincinnati campaigning? I mean who among us, if we had his financial means, would just say screw it...
  19. 14Red

I'd agree on Elly, he's really pressing. I wonder if Bell gives him today off. No way he sits in LA. I think there is a marketing component to Elly that the Reds are hearing from major league baseball. I didn't like Steer out of the lineup, but he needed a day off. Isn't baseball funny, I...
  20. 14Red

These are the things that tick players off. Everyone WANTS to play every day. You do your job, you produce and you should be rewarded with playing time. For some reason they've pigeonholed Fraley into a spot and he's playing above that. Gotta ride the hot hands.