Search results

1. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2024

The 2023 season didn't meet expectations. The regular season wasn't terribly bad, but losing in the way they did to St Ignatius and Riverside left a poor taste in the mouth of everyone involved and the Mentor supporters who were watching. Mentor did play better in Weeks 4-10, but then the...
  2. cardzfan1234

Greater Cleveland Conference

A new look for the GCC this winter. Solon, a member from the beginning of the league, is now in the Suburban League. Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights are added to make the GCC one of the very best big school conferences in Ohio. Heading into the season, Matt Goul of Cleveland.com ranks the...
  3. cardzfan1234

Fallout of NEO vs USA event

I see that the guy (Matt) who runs the NEO HSFB page on Twitter/X unloaded all of the unfortunate aftermath of what he is dealing with after the NEO vs USA games held in Stark last month. I know there’s a huge thread about the event. Sorry to hear that all of his efforts with great intentions...
  4. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2023

Mentor is coming off a season in which they finished 9-4 overall (6-3 in the regular season, 4-1 in the GCC). The team had six straight wins that included turning the tables in winning the rematch against Medina. Mentor's season would come to an end against the eventual state champions, St...
  5. cardzfan1234

2022 Greater Cleveland Conference

Thoughts on the GCC this season? As for the players, here is my pre-season All-GCC team post We know that last year was all about Drew Allar and a fantastic 2022 class at Medina. The Bees cruised through the league which included knocking Mentor off the top of the GCC. The Bees beat Shaker and...
  6. cardzfan1234

Division I Cleveland/Copley Region (Region 2)

Wednesday: Green vs. Hoban Thursday: St Edward vs Mentor Here is my preview of the four teams playing: https://mentorfootball.blogspot.com/2022/03/2022-region-2-preview.html Green and St Eds were definitely "supposed" to be here. Mentor and Hoban were not nearly as likely. Hoban was the 5th...
  7. cardzfan1234

Mentor Football 2022

After a subpar 2021 season that saw Mentor lose more games than it had since 1997, which was Triv's first year. They will aim for something better in 2022 behind third year head coach Matt Gray. Some talented seniors, especially on offense, have graduated and left big holes to replace. Two of...
  8. cardzfan1234

Week 11: Mentor @ St Ignatius

The two legendary programs renew their playoff rivalry Friday evening. I think both programs wouldn't have minded waiting a week before having to play each other, but it is what it is. Most of the games recently have been at Byers Field. Mentor is 3-0 against St Ignatius in playoff games at...
  9. cardzfan1234

Region 1 2021

For the first time since 2009, we could see an outsider win Region 1...AKA "Mentor and the Saints Invitational." Medina is as good, if not better, on paper than every other team in Region 1. They have company and it will be a climb, but they are right there as one of the favorites. Before...
  10. cardzfan1234

Greater Cleveland Conference 2021

The GCC, still one of the top big school leagues in the state, is shrinking to a six team membership in 2021 with the deflections of Elyria (at the end of 20-21) that followed Shaker (at the end of 19-20). The six teams that remain in the league are arguably the best of the league since its...