Recent content by CoachA1317

1. C

New Numbers in 2024-2025

OHSAA released Preliminary Winter Divisions for every sport but Boys Wrestling. That seems odd to me.
  2. C

NFHS rule changes for 2024-25

But there were a significant number more of tech falls. Meaning guy were either getting more takedowns, or working harder for turns, or a combination of both.
  3. C

Jesse Mendez vs Beau Bartlett finals match ended 4-1 and both wrestlers took 2 total shots. Mendez wrestles Yianni a month later and that match ends 12-7 with one less minute of wrestling. But yes I’m sure folkstyle is the superior product.
  4. C

Greater risk to be countered? If as a wrestler or a coach you’re worried about getting to your offense and attacks because there is a risk you can get countered I’m sorry but you’ve lost the plot.
  5. C

More points = more incentive to score.
  6. C

This is just completely incorrect. High point value means it’s worth the risk to be offensive. 4 point near is more incentive to try and turn someone.
  7. C

1000% these are the correct rule changes. It give more incentive to score points and try and score points as well. Correct me if I am wrong but the OHSAA would have to adopt these rule changes separately before they are implemented in Ohio yes?
  8. C

New Numbers in 2024-2025

OHSAA website. Go to the drop down menu and you will see a tab that says school resources, then a second tab that says enrollment figures. They are listed there.
  9. C

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Official numbers are now out. Graham will almost certainly will end up being D3 with the updated total.
  10. C

One Division State Placers

You are more likely to see Ohio go to 2 Girls Divisions than Ohio go to 4 Boys Divisions.
  11. C

Bidwell River Valley Junior High Tournament 1/15

Bidwell River Valley is hosting our annual Junior High wrestling tournament on Martin Luther King Day, January 15, 2024. We some open spots left we need to fill. Last year we had over 200 entries and almost 25 teams. We are looking to expand that by a few this year. Anyone interested please...
  12. C

You are OHSAA Tsar what changes do you make?

Change the transfer rules back to the old way. It is ridiculous to make kids sit out the second half of the season just because student athletes want to try and better their situation. Sitting out the first half of the season was fine.
  13. C

2023 Final X

That’s Dan Chandler. Outstanding Greco Coach out of Minnesota. Has coach multiple World Team Members and World Medalists. He was a 2x Olympian as well. Has had athletes qualify for Multiple Olympics.
  14. C

Josie Davis DQ’d

At Districts this year we were told in a coaches meeting the assassin is illegal by application. While the chin whip is not illegal itself the way it’s finished can be illegal if it is finished in the same way as an assassin with the hands locked. I have seen it and the assassin hit all year...