Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Patrick Henry

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Swanton

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Wauseon

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
I still don’t get Vicars move. Everywhere he’s won he’s had teams loaded with talent. That’s not the case at Delta…no Nate Kmet, no Gunnar Oakes on the horizon.
To be fair, they do have a couple of incoming freshmen this year (Nagel and Taylor) who were JH all-star running backs. The problem is that unlike JH where you can win with stud backs and no line, in high school you better have a line. If you don't have a line your running backs are dead on arrival. They have no line to speak of.

To be fair, they do have a couple of incoming freshmen this year (Nagel and Taylor) who were JH all-star running backs. The problem is that unlike JH where you can win with stud backs and no line, in high school you better have a line. If you don't have a line your running backs are dead on arrival. They have no line to speak of.
That is true , Nagel and Taylor were in good jr.high and their jr.high team went undefeated both years. The problem is Libertys incoming senior class went undefeated in jr.high both years , the incoming junior class went undefeated in jr.high both years, the incoming sophomore class has never lost a game , both years in jr.high or this past freshman season. Liberty is about to roll into some amazing years. Two jr.high studs at delta won't compete with that talent.

I still don’t get Vicars move. Everywhere he’s won he’s had teams loaded with talent. That’s not the case at Delta…no Nate Kmet, no Gunnar Oakes on the horizon.
A few thoughts...his last coaching stint at Bedford didn't end how he wanted. His second coaching stint at Delta didn't end how he wanted. He had been coaching since he graduated high school, a few years of retirement with lots of fishing and family I'm sure were needed but he is still relatively young for someone who coached almost 4 decades. He can step into a situation where his general system is already installed and he can just coach without having the extra responsibilities of being an administrator.

A few thoughts...his last coaching stint at Bedford didn't end how he wanted. His second coaching stint at Delta didn't end how he wanted. He had been coaching since he graduated high school, a few years of retirement with lots of fishing and family I'm sure were needed but he is still relatively young for someone who coached almost 4 decades. He can step into a situation where his general system is already installed and he can just coach without having the extra responsibilities of being an administrator.
Regardless, his track record for the past 40 years is to be at a place for 3-4 years then move on. That's not going to change. He will be at Delta for 3-4 years then bolt. You don't change a leopard's spots. It's who he is.

Then the people in Delta will be left scratching their heads, wondering what to do next.

Regardless, his track record for the past 40 years is to be at a place for 3-4 years then move on. That's not going to change. He will be at Delta for 3-4 years then bolt. You don't change a leopard's spots. It's who he is.

Then the people in Delta will be left scratching their heads, wondering what to do next.

Ada 6 years
Delta 8 years
Genoa 5 years
Swanton 3 years

Holgate 2 years
Delta (round 2) 1 year
Bedford 1 year

If Delta gets him for 3-4 years, which he has only done once in career, and wins a league title or two or rack up some playoff wins each year - I'd imagine the Panther community would be ecstatic. Being the smallest D5 will be tough but if CB numbers change and they go to D6...I could see them having a lot of postseason success.

Does anyone know what the NWOAL record is for consecutive league wins? I am pretty sure Archbold has it from late 80's. What is LC at now?

The record was 24 set by Liberty Center from 99-2002 but PH shattered that record directly after it was set during the Marc Krauss era. Not sure what they got it up to.

LC hasn't lost since week 5 2021 at Archbold.

The record was 24 set by Liberty Center from 99-2002 but PH shattered that record directly after it was set during the Marc Krauss era. Not sure what they got it up to.

What about losses? Swanton hasn’t won since week 8 2019 vs Delta

Ada 6 years
Delta 8 years
Genoa 5 years
Swanton 3 years

Holgate 2 years
Delta (round 2) 1 year
Bedford 1 year

If Delta gets him for 3-4 years, which he has only done once in career, and wins a league title or two or rack up some playoff wins each year - I'd imagine the Panther community would be ecstatic. Being the smallest D5 will be tough but if CB numbers change and they go to D6...I could see them having a lot of postseason success.
At least they get to stay out of D4 with that Glenville nonsense. I genuinely feel bad for Napoleon and Wauseon who have to deal with that crap in their region, essentially a team on par with Massillon at the D2 level playing down in Region 14.

So LC is currently at 19 league wins in a row.

At least they get to stay out of D4 with that Glenville nonsense. I genuinely feel bad for Napoleon and Wauseon who have to deal with that crap in their region, essentially a team on par with Massillon at the D2 level playing down in Region 14.

Neither is good enough to hang with the WBL or SBC teams in the region, so does it really matter?

Ada 6 years
Delta 8 years
Genoa 5 years
Swanton 3 years

Holgate 2 years
Delta (round 2) 1 year
Bedford 1 year

You are going to have to explain where your claim that Delta is the smallest D5 is coming from.

Base enrollment numbers for 24-25 and 25-26.

Archbold - 145
Bryan - 202
Delta - 157
Evergreen - 120
Liberty Center - 140
Patrick Henry - 114
Swanton - 173
Wauseon - 235

Delta bigger than Archbold and LC

Secondly, he's going to have to weave some golden thread to beat LC to win a league title. Delta has a good freshman class this year. LC has class after class after class stacked together.

Third, of they do win a league title and he leaves after 3-4 years Delta will still be without a developed program. Success comes from building a sustainable program, not a being a flash in the pan.

You are going to have to explain where your claim that Delta is the smallest D5 is coming from.

Base enrollment numbers for 24-25 and 25-26.

Archbold - 145
Bryan - 202
Delta - 157
Evergreen - 120
Liberty Center - 140
Patrick Henry - 114
Swanton - 173
Wauseon - 235

Delta bigger than Archbold and LC

Secondly, he's going to have to weave some golden thread to beat LC to win a league title. Delta has a good freshman class this year. LC has class after class after class stacked together.

Third, of they do win a league title and he leaves after 3-4 years Delta will still be without a developed program. Success comes from building a sustainable program, not a being a flash in the pan.

CB numbers. Delta missed D6 by 3 kids. Archbold and LC have a ton of CB adjustment (34 & 37). Delta has 4.

Probably the fact that somehow they have Archbold sorted at 159 with the 179s. I'd actually call that an understandable mistake. I Probably wouldn't have thought to search an error the OHSAA made either.

2002 PH lost to Delta, then won their last 3.

2006 PH won their first 3, then lost to Evergreen

30 straight wins, and no, LC didn't beat them either time.

Fun Fact on Evergreen, they played a big time spoiler for both LC and PH during those runs.
1997-1999 LC had built up a 14 game winning streak before losing by a point to Evergreen week 3. They then rattled off another 24 in row after that which would have put the record at 39.
2002-2006 PH set the record and then extended it to 30 in a row before Evergreen beat them week 5. PH then won 11 more in a row that would have put the record at 42.
Evergreen also failed to make the playoffs both of those years.

Fun Fact on Evergreen, they played a big time spoiler for both LC and PH during those runs.
1997-1999 LC had built up a 14 game winning streak before losing by a point to Evergreen week 3. They then rattled off another 24 in row after that which would have put the record at 39.
2002-2006 PH set the record and then extended it to 30 in a row before Evergreen beat them week 5. PH then won 11 more in a row that would have put the record at 42.
Evergreen also failed to make the playoffs both of those years.
Very interesting. I never would have guessed that.

That 06 Evergreen team was good too. 7-3, one loss was to 9-1 Delta, then a 1 point OT loss to Wauseon. May have had a shot at the playoffs even in a stacked R18, but somehow lost 6-0 to a 1-8 Bryan team in week 10 and that kept them out.

Meanwhile LC had a random cycle where they dropped to D6 and made it at 5-5. Sometimes it's better to be lucky.

Would anyone consider Wauseon Head Coach Shawn Moore to be on the hot seat? 33-14 in the regular season, 2-5 in the playoffs, no league titles, usually can’t get over the hump against PH, LC, and Archbold