BIG is now the best conference in CFB

RazorRamon

Ichigan won the nati last year, tOSU will be the favorite this year. Two BIG teams in the finals. Two SEC eliminated in the semi finals. I think the worm has turned and the BIG has overtaken the SEC. Will they go on a 20 year run like the SEC did?

Washington losing their coach and being exposed in the playoffs. They are in rebuilding mode. Micheater in limbo, losing players now and the worst to come maybe coming around the corner. Georgia may still be the favorite in 2024. All depends on how much OSU offensive line improves and if the play calling totally utilizes the skills of the players. Oregon maybe a factor. 2023 was a down year for College football. It would have been the perfect year for an expanded playoff.

Washington losing their coach and being exposed in the playoffs. They are in rebuilding mode. Micheater in limbo, losing players now and the worst to come maybe coming around the corner. Georgia may still be the favorite in 2024. All depends on how much OSU offensive line improves and if the play calling totally utilizes the skills of the players. Oregon maybe a factor. 2023 was a down year for College football. It would have been the perfect year for an expanded playoff.
All of this is conjecture on your part. Facts are two current BIG teams were in the finals. tOSU will be the favorite to win it all this year, mark it down

I think there will be a reset on the projected top 25 in a week or so when the winter portal season closes then another after spring ball and that portal window opens and closes in late spring. I am thinking it will be UGA, OSU, Texas, Oregon, and FSU in the top 5.

To see who is deeper if the B1G and SEC were really smart they would come up with some sort of challenge in September with like comp playing each other on a rotating basis home/home. No "neutral" games in backyards like ATL for UGA or Green Bay for Wiscy, on campus is the way to go.

All of this is conjecture on your part. Facts are two current BIG teams were in the finals. tOSU will be the favorite to win it all this year, mark it down
Not much conjecture in seeing what is going on with Washington, Alabama and Michigan. We are watching all this unfold in real time.

The BIG IS OSU, Oregon, USC, PSU, TTUN, and Washington that is it. TTUN and Washington are both in complete rebuild mode esp. if Harbaugh leaves TTUN and Minter follows. NIL is actually beneficial for BIG enables the Midwest schools to get southern kids to head north (without NIL I doubt Downs or Judkins come to OSU). However, the talent is down south and the SEC a huge beneficiary of that talent.

One or two seasons doesn't change the script. The SEC still sets the standard in College Football and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It is all about Depth, once you get past Michigan and Ohio State the Big10 drops off pretty significantly. And if Harbaugh leaves Michigan I got a feeling they are going to drop off pretty significantly. Obviously everyone is expecting Alabama to drop off and I think they might actually plummet but the rest of the SEC will be there to capitalize. Just ask the NFL, they love the SEC.

The BIG IS OSU, Oregon, USC, PSU, TTUN, and Washington that is it. TTUN and Washington are both in complete rebuild mode esp. if Harbaugh leaves TTUN and Minter follows. NIL is actually beneficial for BIG enables the Midwest schools to get southern kids to head north (without NIL I doubt Downs or Judkins come to OSU). However, the talent is down south and the SEC a huge beneficiary of that talent.
Michigan is bringing ALOT back on defense even though their offense is losing a lot. Let's be real though, their defense won them that title much more than their offense did. They were fantastic

Michigan is bringing ALOT back on defense even though their offense is losing a lot. Let's be real though, their defense won them that title much more than their offense did. They were fantastic
Losing six players who saw significant playing time on defense, plus Minter who will likely go wherever Harbaugh ends up at in the NFL. When Harbaugh does leave will likely see some players hit the portal.

I think the coming 12 team playoff will shed some light on strength of conference at the top.

The top twelve for 2023 selection poll would have had 6 SEC, 5 Big10, and 1 from the ACC. It would have been fun to played those off to see who was left standing. I think Michigan still would have won it all, but their opponent would have been Georgia in the finals.

So six teams 😂 after gawga and Bama who is world beaters in the SEC? Ole Miss? LSU?

Behind who? Who was Washington and ichigan behind when last year started? Opinions are like bung holes, everyone has one
Players leaving for the pro. Players transferring out. Recruits not signing. Unstable coaching staffs. One team is facing major sanctions. What kind of questions did Washington and Micheater have at the start of the 2023 season? Anything like they have now?

Who is and has been the best of the best overall in college football?Ohio State Leads College Football In This Crazy StatSports Illustratedhttps://www.si.com › college › ohio-state-leads-college...
1. Ohio State Buckeyes (56 seasons; 1968-2023)

T2. Georgia Bulldogs (27 seasons; 1997-2023)

T2. Wisconsin Badgers (27 seasons; 1997-2023)

4. Oregon Ducks (26 seasons; 1998-2023)

5. Oklahoma Sooners (25 seasons; 1999-2023)

6. LSU Tigers (24 seasons; 2000-2023)

7. USC Trojans (22 seasons; 2022-2023)

8. Alabama Crimson Tide (17 seasons; 2007-2023)

9. Oklahoma State Cowboys (16 seasons; 2008-2023)

T10. Clemson Tigers (13 seasons; 2011-2023)

T10. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (13 seasons; 2011-2023)

The top 11. Who is missingan in this list?

Losing six players who saw significant playing time on defense, plus Minter who will likely go wherever Harbaugh ends up at in the NFL. When Harbaugh does leave will likely see some players hit the portal.
Harbaugh flirted with the NFL last year too and didn’t end up going so we will see.

Who is and has been the best of the best overall in college football?Ohio State Leads College Football In This Crazy StatSports Illustratedhttps://www.si.com › college › ohio-state-leads-college...
1. Ohio State Buckeyes (56 seasons; 1968-2023)

T2. Georgia Bulldogs (27 seasons; 1997-2023)

T2. Wisconsin Badgers (27 seasons; 1997-2023)

4. Oregon Ducks (26 seasons; 1998-2023)

5. Oklahoma Sooners (25 seasons; 1999-2023)

6. LSU Tigers (24 seasons; 2000-2023)

7. USC Trojans (22 seasons; 2022-2023)

8. Alabama Crimson Tide (17 seasons; 2007-2023)

9. Oklahoma State Cowboys (16 seasons; 2008-2023)

T10. Clemson Tigers (13 seasons; 2011-2023)

T10. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (13 seasons; 2011-2023)

The top 11. Who is missingan in this list?
I know - Massillon.

1705785696490.png

Based on this year's rankings 2024 CFP would look like this. Notre Dame cannot earn an auto bye since they aren't in a conference. Liberty would get the auto G5 Bid. Take what you want from it.

Players leaving for the pro. Players transferring out. Recruits not signing. Unstable coaching staffs. One team is facing major sanctions. What kind of questions did Washington and Micheater have at the start of the 2023 season? Anything like they have now?
Don’t know yet, nobody thought Washington would beat Oregon twice and almost nobody thought ichigan would beat Bama

Don’t know yet, nobody thought Washington would beat Oregon twice and almost nobody thought ichigan would beat Bama.
That is all in the past. It is now 2024. How are things going for Washington and Micheater:

Last edited:
And Penn State is always a jobber to the stars. Tough to take them seriously as long as Franklin remains there.

AEW’s top teams next year:

1. UGA
2. Texas
3. Notre Dame
4. Ohio State
5. Oregon
6. Ole Miss
7. Alabama
8. USC
9. Tennessee
10. Auburn
11. Utah
12. Florida State
13. Clemson
14. Oklahoma
15. LSU

That’s 8 SEC teams and 3 Lil Ten teams, for those keeping score at home.

It’s only January, but Remedial Razor’s dingleberry of a thread topic will easily be in the running for 2024’s Dumbest Thread of the Year.

1. UGA
2. Texas
3. Notre Dame
4. Ohio State
5. Oregon
6. Ole Miss
7. Alabama
8. USC
9. Tennessee
10. Auburn
11. Utah
12. Florida State
13. Clemson
14. Oklahoma
15. LSU

It’s only January, but Remedial Razor’s dingleberry of a thread topic will easily be in the running for 2024’s Dumbest Thread of the Year.
ND third invalidates this post completely.

1. UGA
2. Texas
3. Notre Dame
4. Ohio State
5. Oregon
6. Ole Miss
7. Alabama
8. USC
9. Tennessee
10. Auburn
11. Utah
12. Florida State
13. Clemson
14. Oklahoma
15. LSU

Do you guys have a QB for next year?